Almost killed my dji phantom 1.1.1

Reaction score
My phantom v1.1.1 just crashed after hitting a tree and falling 50 ft...... One of the motor legs bent a good amount but the esc board (the green one) had a little damage but still works like nothing had happen to but only the green led had all come off during the crash and I have them all still and might just solder them back on later. After spend 2 hours re bending the shell back to almost normal the drone fly's fine right now. Well since i might just buy a new shell not that the old one is giving me problems as of yet, should i buy a Phantom 2 body shell or back a Phantom 1 body shell. From what I hard the only difference from the 1 and 2 was the battery size of the shell and all the screws should be in the same spot.

Not sure what got bent.... was it the arm that the motor is attached to?

I can't imagine a "motor arm" bending without cracking or breaking.

If its still cracked you're probably better off getting a new shell (top & bottom).

Whether all the V1.1.1 electronics fits quickly & easily into a P2 shell, I can't say. It might just be easier to get another P1 shell and possibly save yourself the unexpected problem(s) that always arise when you do something like this.

20151128_160217.jpg
20151129_185430.jpg
20151129_185439.jpg
Not sure what got bent.... was it the arm that the motor is attached to?

I can't imagine a "motor arm" bending without cracking or breaking.

If its still cracked you're probably better off getting a new shell (top & bottom).

Whether all the V1.1.1 electronics fits quickly & easily into a P2 shell, I can't say. It might just be easier to get another P1 shell and possibly save yourself the unexpected problem(s) that always arise when you do something like this.
The arm got bent but when I took apart the phantom only the led lights at the bottom of the esc for the green side got broken off but I had did 4 flights since the crash and everything seems to be working fine like nothing happen besides the led not lighting up on that arm part. If i can ill solder on back the led or buy a new esc for that arm but I haven't had any problems as of right now.

My phantom v1.1.1 just crashed after hitting a tree and falling 50 ft...... One of the motor legs bent a good amount but the esc board (the green one) had a little damage but still works like nothing had happen to but only the green led had all come off during the crash and I have them all still and might just solder them back on later. After spend 2 hours re bending the shell back to almost normal the drone fly's fine right now. Well since i might just buy a new shell not that the old one is giving me problems as of yet, should i buy a Phantom 2 body shell or back a Phantom 1 body shell. From what I hard the only difference from the 1 and 2 was the battery size of the shell and all the screws should be in the same spot.

How long have you been flying your Phantom?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl