Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Almost killed my dji phantom 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by gtpiratez70, Nov 28, 2015.

1. gtpiratez70

My phantom v1.1.1 just crashed after hitting a tree and falling 50 ft...... One of the motor legs bent a good amount but the esc board (the green one) had a little damage but still works like nothing had happen to but only the green led had all come off during the crash and I have them all still and might just solder them back on later. After spend 2 hours re bending the shell back to almost normal the drone fly's fine right now. Well since i might just buy a new shell not that the old one is giving me problems as of yet, should i buy a Phantom 2 body shell or back a Phantom 1 body shell. From what I hard the only difference from the 1 and 2 was the battery size of the shell and all the screws should be in the same spot.

2. Pilot_FML

Not sure what got bent.... was it the arm that the motor is attached to?

I can't imagine a "motor arm" bending without cracking or breaking.

If its still cracked you're probably better off getting a new shell (top & bottom).

Whether all the V1.1.1 electronics fits quickly & easily into a P2 shell, I can't say. It might just be easier to get another P1 shell and possibly save yourself the unexpected problem(s) that always arise when you do something like this.

3. gtpiratez70

20151128_160217.jpg 20151129_185430.jpg 20151129_185439.jpg
    The arm got bent but when I took apart the phantom only the led lights at the bottom of the esc for the green side got broken off but I had did 4 flights since the crash and everything seems to be working fine like nothing happen besides the led not lighting up on that arm part. If i can ill solder on back the led or buy a new esc for that arm but I haven't had any problems as of right now.

4. Mario_SB

How long have you been flying your Phantom?

5. gtpiratez70

Around 2 months