Allstate Ins

Reaction score
Has anyone claimed a damaged drone as a rider on there home ins.

I purchased Drone insurance from State Farm ($63.00). Crashed my drone and was paid in full in 5 days. All of my insurance is with another company, just the drone is with State Farm. As far as I know State Farm is the only company to insure drones.

Reactions: oconnb
I used Aviation Specialty and had a lost unit (lost as in water landing) and got a full reimbursement in 7 days for the whole "invoice" which was a complete UAS. But mine is a commercial policy so keep that in mind as well.

What states does State Farm insure drone hardware so we know who to contact?

With these insurance companies...A Claim is A Claim and will be reported against you. This can affect your rating with your homeowners!

Just curious as to why people are choosing to not go with DJI Insurance...

Reactions: ChipperRay
With these insurance companies...A Claim is A Claim and will be reported against you. This can affect your rating with your homeowners!

Just curious as to why people are choosing to not go with DJI Insurance...
I'm with you. It will not matter if it's pilot or mechanical error, it will be used against you . I think I will stick with DJI's protection .

I am in the gathering stage for information before I buy a drone. I flew RC aircraft for several years, but got tired of crashes because I had no one to train me correctly, so it was pretty much fly, learn, crash, learn, but more glue, etc, repeat.

I’ve looked at the DJI insurance, but don’t fully understand the difference in the two types provided by DJI.

Does one or the other provide insurance if you crash due to no part of the drone, like engine failure, gps failure, etc? If it does, is this a one time thing, or does it continue as long as you pay the fee?

Along the same lines, can extended warranty be obtained through DJI?

I’m an ex fire fighter and ex LEO, as well as emergency management, and I am looking for a drone to start a SAR with it, as well as doing damage assessments, etc for disaster occurrences. I’m pretty much thinking if the P4P, at least for now, then maybe later a bigger, more for this work, as well as able to fly in moderate rain, snow, wind, like the DJI 210, Inspire 2 lines. Any help would be appreciated.

I just wish drones like the ones out now would have been available and reliable, back 15 yrs ago.

I’ve looked at the DJI insurance, but don’t fully understand the difference in the two types provided by DJI.
DJI Care Refresh is the only insurance DJI offers for the P4P. You can learn more about it here.

Does one or the other provide insurance if you crash due to no part of the drone, like engine failure, gps failure, etc?
The DJI warranty covers issues due to a fault on DJI's end. That warranty comes free with every drone purchased from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer.

DJI Care Refresh covers issues caused by user error. You'll need to send your drone into DJI in order to use that warranty service. No drone? No service.

Along the same lines, can extended warranty be obtained through DJI?
No. The DJI warranty expires after one year (some parts before one year). DJI Care Refresh is valid for one year. It cannot be renewed.

DJI Care Refresh is the only insurance DJI offers for the P4P. You can learn more about it here.

The DJI warranty covers issues due to a fault on DJI's end. That warranty comes free with every drone purchased from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer.

DJI Care Refresh covers issues caused by user error. You'll need to send your drone into DJI in order to use that warranty service. No drone? No service.

No. The DJI warranty expires after one year (some parts before one year). DJI Care Refresh is valid for one year. It cannot be renewed.

Excellent, that’s the way I thought I was reading it, but wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72