Alfa 2.4HGz 7dBi RP-SMA Panel = AWESOME!

I do not know what this is about...but Okay...thanks for the information that I already knew. I am sure someone can use it?

Was in reference to ordering the two antenna leads and some cabling and saving a lot of money .. Just saying that the statement seemed to imply that the two types achieve the same results.

Reactions: HWCM
a5aaf069689d9484c3bae223c92439b7.jpg

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

Interesting. Was wondering what other types of antenna to screw onto the clean install

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any 2.4GHz type with a screw on SMA connector will work, but you're looking to improve on the 4dBi that are the stock antenna and the strength of the signal reaching the aircraft so the transmission pattern (lobes) that's designed into the antenna is important. Again the major different characteristic is beam vs. omni. and your ability to stay pointed at the aircraft. You can see if you're not exactly pointed correctly in the small map with the red triangle. The dot at the top is the aircraft.. if it is shifted left or right, then you're not pointed right at it, so you have to rotate to compensate. This is far more important with a beam type antenna, which is more powerful (usually) but has a narrower angle of transmission.

Whatever antenna you use, you need to work on the inside of the remote and bring those antennas connections out. If you don't want to mess with the warranty, pick up an older 300A RC (as I mentioned) that someone is selling and use it to work with (the 300A had a little greater transmission output than the 300B or 300C) .. Last piece. Any "passive" (meaning no extra amplification) relies heavily on line of sight. Water "soaks" (pardon the pun) up a signal and trees are full of water. If you want to get the signal to push through things more effectively you have to add amplifiers like Suhans.. In the end though EVERYTHING is controlled by battery life. You can probably fly an aircraft 5 or 6 miles out.. you just may not be able to get it home in time!! (unless you do battery mods to the aircraft which is a whole other topic).. :)

Oh, I see.
I bought a kit like this Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com then I replaced the antennas with the Alfas.

I'd truly like to see more info on the Alfas.. Don't know if they're in the flat panel type, omni (like rubber duck only in a flat case), etc. Can't seem to get any more info.. Inexpensive enough to try.. There is a large difference using the Itelitie Flat panel...

I'd truly like to see more info on the Alfas.. Don't know if they're in the flat panel type, omni (like rubber duck only in a flat case), etc. Can't seem to get any more info.. Inexpensive enough to try.. There is a large difference using the Itelitie Flat panel...
I will take one apart and post a picture. It has a large black PC board inside with the traces in the antenna design with a metal plate on the front. I am telling you, they work awesome. A lot better than the ArgteK ones I had. I saw a review on youtube, a guy used themk on his Solo, and said he got excellent results from them. So I thought I would give them a try. I am glad I did.

Here is another antenna I bought to try. I haven't tried them yet because they face to the side, they are made for a wireless router. They don't swivel around. I will have to modify them.
e5dfafbd4da85953edaf90e71caca3c4.jpg
2d8f603418d0d6eccfdb016b9ae8a19e.jpg

Reactions: HWCM
For all your antenna needs... DJI Phantom 3 Pro / Adv

Video showing the steps... Not hard, but caution when opening. The plastic used by DJI is very brittle. When you separate the two halves, do so "gently" and not with the force he uses in the video. Other than that, it is very straight forward. You can order the straight iTelite DB mod ($109) + Clean install kit ($34) and later add a self powered amplifier that they sell for an even stronger signal. I live with a ton of trees and need every bit of help I can get. :) Tons of people using.. Works great, especially if you have a clean line of sight. It will void the warranty on the controller. The alternative to Clean Install (there are youtube videos) is to drill two small holes on the top of the controller to bring the cable ends out.

An alternative (and one I took) to losing the warranty is to pick up a remote on EBay (go for 300A which has a little more power to start with) and use that as the one to mod and keep your original if you need warranty work and have to send in a remote. Besides, gives you a "spare". :) Watch the auctions.. some go a lot lower than others. Write seller and ask if it has had prior work done on it.

Where did you get the antenna cables? I have not seen that type that has a longer shaft on the SMA end. Are those the RP SMA type? Thanks, Jim

Ok so these panels just screw onto the existing antenna connections? No opening up the RC? I'm not necessarily looking for more distance just a stronger signal. Don't trust myself opening up the RC. Wish there was a place I could get the full boost mode done for me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok so these panels just screw onto the existing antenna connections? No opening up the RC? I'm not necessarily looking for more distance just a stronger signal. Don't trust myself opening up the RC. Wish there was a place I could get the full boost mode done for me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
No. These do not just replace the stock antennas.
You have to take the transmitter apart, remove the stock antennas and wiring and replace.
There are videos on YouTube showing the process. It is incredibly simple. I managed to get my stock antennas out without damaging them at all, even though the instructions say to cut the base off. It is not necessary. They will pull out with little to no effort.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl