Alfa 2.4HGz 7dBi RP-SMA Panel = AWESOME!

Ok thanks. So what if any increase in signal would someone see in just replacing the stock antennas with some of these paddle ones?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok thanks. So what if any increase in signal would someone see in just replacing the stock antennas with some of these paddle ones?

I was getting less than a mile with the stock antennas where I live. With the panels I'm getting well over 3 miles, I run out of battery way before I run out of signal.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

On the order page it gives you an option for inner or outer bore. Beats me lol. My guess would be female(inner) and male(outer)

You want the antenna lead to be female rp sma.
67f5065998b0a6fb7ded0e50de8d1a43.jpg

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought a pair of these to use before the MaxxRange antenna arrived. Only used them once, in a less than ideal mountainous area, but they worked very well although I haven't tried them for distance.
View attachment 62191

Are you still using these? I've got the cables on the way just looking for panels now. Anyone with panels only let me know. Thanks.

Are you still using these? I've got the cables on the way just looking for panels now. Anyone with panels only let me know. Thanks.

They are super cheap everywhere. Amazon has them for $8 each. I put a link in the first post.
Edit, They went up a couple dollars. But EBay has them for 8-9 dollars.

Any thoughts on these?

732d73f97d1cf18139eff98b20a457d6_thumb.jpg

The picture is so small. I can not see any details.
If they are what I think they are, I posted the white version in this thread. They wont work. I have them. they face the wrong way and do not turn, meaning the panel faces to the left and right, not straight ahead. The stock antennas are much better. Inside the stock antennas are a PC board with a panel trace on them, not just a wire. You can pull the sleeve off the stock antenna by twisting and pulling up on it.

Jim... MAXX UAV has a clean install kit which provides a right angled end to bring out the front. I posted the video earlier in the thread I believe.. The right angle ones sit in very nicely. Comes with lock washers (inside) regular washers (outside) and nuts.. The two shorter cables that are in the kit are used in conjunction with the itelite flat panel antenna (Should you decide to get one). Again, as I mentioned, take care when separating the two halves of the RC.. The screw posts are brittle at best, so once you have the halves apart, pull them "straight" apart and not at an angle top or bottom..

DJI - Clean Install Kit

Hope this helps..

Jay S.

I believe you want male (as shown in the picture) coming out the front. Most screw on antennas are female SMA connectors..
These will come right out of the stock antennas holes after the stock antenna are removed. No holes to drill and you can put everything back to stock anytime you want.

These will come right out of the stock antennas holes after the stock antenna are removed. No holes to drill and you can put everything back to stock anytime you want.

Well, almost.. :) You do have to get the old antennas out first, and while the path for the one on the left is easy enough, snaking the original cable back under the right joystick assembly will be a little more difficult... not impossible .. but not easy.. Just take a picture of the inside first, before removing anything (for anyone getting ready to do this.)

Well, almost.. :) You do have to get the old antennas out first, and while the path for the one on the left is easy enough, snaking the original cable back under the right joystick assembly will be a little more difficult... not impossible .. but not easy.. Just take a picture of the inside first, before removing anything (for anyone getting ready to do this.)
I did mine and it was actually very simple. I ran the antenna leads along the exact path as the original ones. I did remove the scroll wheel assemblies. I did not run into any issues at all. I bet it took less than twenty minutes.

Bottom line folks.. Watch the referenced videos a couple of times so you're familiar when you open the cases. As HWCM says it isn't overly hard, but by the same token, there isn't a speed competition I'm aware of for doing this.. :) Start by looking at where the wires run. One wire (on the right) is silicon "glued" in two places and runs along with a ribbon cable.. When you cut that silicon (x-acto blade and if you want to keep the original antennas intact) be very slow and careful not to nick the ribbon cable under the antenna cable .. just stay centered on the antenna cable which is on top of the ribbon cable.

When you're all done, check the small ribbon cables going into the connectors on the left and right and make sure they didn't work themselves loose. Those ribbon cables connect up to the scroll wheels on the left and right, so IF, by chance, you put thing back together and one or the other scroll wheel isn't working, those cables are the first place to look. Another potential "gotcha" are the screw posts on the inside. As I've said, when you get the two halves separated (a little) pull them apart with an up and down motion, not forward or back.. Work everything carefully and you'll make it through!! Good luck and if there are any questions, holler..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair