Alfa 2.4HGz 7dBi RP-SMA Panel = AWESOME!

Reaction score
I got these in the mail today. https://www.amazon.com/Alfa-2-4HGz-RP-SMA-Screw-Antenna/dp/B003ZWPRUI I used them to replace my ARGTEK panels, just to see if there was any difference. Well there is a huge difference. I flew one of my regular flights over a couple mountains and never lost signal, video or control. I usually get about 1.5 miles out and start losing signal bars, with these I had full signals at two miles before I turned around. Pretty awesome for $8.00 each.

Reactions: Digdat0
So are you boosting as well, or is this simply a simple antenna replacement on your RC?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So are you boosting as well, or is this simply a simple antenna replacement on your RC?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Just a simple antenna replacement. I was pleasantly surprised.

Well, I have a modded RC (for iTelite DB flat panel antenna) with clean install so SMA connectors come out the original holes. I figured I'd try these. :) Will be interested in seeing how they do vs. original small (4 DB I believe) antennas.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CMWUU5...uaazs-20&pf_rd_ptd=470938631&pf_rd_ied=507846

Good to hear about the success with the Alfa's... Guess you could max it out a little more with these... :)

https://www.amazon.com/Alfa-APA-M25...uaazs-20&pf_rd_ptd=470938631&pf_rd_ied=507846

How difficult was the replacement? I assume you need to open things up. We're there other internal cable replacements needed to make this work? Any pics of replacement procedure? This sounds really interesting. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

How difficult was the replacement? I assume you need to open things up. We're there other internal cable replacements needed to make this work? Any pics of replacement procedure? This sounds really interesting. Thanks
Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

For all your antenna needs... DJI Phantom 3 Pro / Adv

Video showing the steps... Not hard, but caution when opening. The plastic used by DJI is very brittle. When you separate the two halves, do so "gently" and not with the force he uses in the video. Other than that, it is very straight forward. You can order the straight iTelite DB mod ($109) + Clean install kit ($34) and later add a self powered amplifier that they sell for an even stronger signal. I live with a ton of trees and need every bit of help I can get. :) Tons of people using.. Works great, especially if you have a clean line of sight. It will void the warranty on the controller. The alternative to Clean Install (there are youtube videos) is to drill two small holes on the top of the controller to bring the cable ends out.

An alternative (and one I took) to losing the warranty is to pick up a remote on EBay (go for 300A which has a little more power to start with) and use that as the one to mod and keep your original if you need warranty work and have to send in a remote. Besides, gives you a "spare". :) Watch the auctions.. some go a lot lower than others. Write seller and ask if it has had prior work done on it.

Last edited:
I got these in the mail today. https://www.amazon.com/Alfa-2-4HGz-RP-SMA-Screw-Antenna/dp/B003ZWPRUI I used them to replace my ARGTEK panels, just to see if there was any difference. Well there is a huge difference. I flew one of my regular flights over a couple mountains and never lost signal, video or control. I usually get about 1.5 miles out and start losing signal bars, with these I had full signals at two miles before I turned around. Pretty awesome for $8.00 each.

Have you ever tried the WindSurfer antenna booster with the stock antenna's?

Have you ever tried the WindSurfer antenna booster with the stock antenna's?

I have.. Very moderate success but in a suburban area with a ton of trees.. The issue will always be the amount of interference in the area and line of sight.. Trees will kill a signal in no time flat... especially when full of leaves... itelite mod is a much bigger boost BUT even with it if there is interference and trees all around it too will have a limit as to how much it can help. Once the mod is done, you can get an even larger panel (14 DBi boost) or use amplifiers (as I mentioned) in conjunction with the antenna replacement. The other nice thing about the itelite is that it has a 180 degree spread of signal and even behind it (to a lesser extent). Windsurfer is very directional and you need to stay pointed at the craft.

The DBS02 panel alone is better than the original antenna, but not 3X or more better. I've found that both for open-wide, direct-line flights and among obstacles. Yes it will give longer range and better, slightly more stable signal, even more than a windsurfer (and it won't wobble!). But serious gains comes only with a good powered signal amplifier. For pilots in need of a true locked-on, stable video and RC signal for mid or long range flights in congested areas (lots of obstacles like buildings, trees, mountains, valleys, water and/or strong interference, etc.), simply getting a "better antenna" may not be sufficient.

The DBS02 panel alone is better than the original antenna, but not 3X or more better. I've found that both for open-wide, direct-line flights and among obstacles. Yes it will give longer range and better, slightly more stable signal, even more than a windsurfer (and it won't wobble!). But serious gains comes only with a good powered signal amplifier. For pilots in need of a true locked-on, stable video and RC signal for mid or long range flights in congested areas (lots of obstacles like buildings, trees, mountains, valleys, water and/or strong interference, etc.), simply getting a "better antenna" may not be sufficient.

Agreed and why I like the implementation by MAXX UAV... Start with DBS and add Suhans afterward..

For all your antenna needs... DJI Phantom 3 Pro / Adv

Video showing the steps... Not hard, but caution when opening. The plastic used by DJI is very brittle. When you separate the two halves, do so "gently" and not with the force he uses in the video. Other than that, it is very straight forward. You can order the straight iTelite DB mod ($109) + Clean install kit ($34) and later add a self powered amplifier that they sell for an even stronger signal. I live with a ton of trees and need every bit of help I can get. :) Tons of people using.. Works great, especially if you have a clean line of sight. It will void the warranty on the controller. The alternative to Clean Install (there are youtube videos) is to drill two small holes on the top of the controller to bring the cable ends out.

An alternative (and one I took) to losing the warranty is to pick up a remote on EBay (go for 300A which has a little more power to start with) and use that as the one to mod and keep your original if you need warranty work and have to send in a remote. Besides, gives you a "spare". :) Watch the auctions.. some go a lot lower than others. Write seller and ask if it has had prior work done on it.

Or...you can do like I did and order the antennas for $8.00 each and the antenna leads for $10-15.00 and save a lot of money.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

With these panel antennas I can go as far as the battery will take it. Three plus miles out full throttle the whole way. I only lost a couple signal bars right at the three mile point. But I had to turn around because I was way past the battery warning.

With these panel antennas I can go as far as the battery will take it. Three plus miles out full throttle the whole way. I only lost a couple signal bars right at the three mile point. But I had to turn around because I was way past the battery warning.

Yep that's what I get in open-wide, direct-line and interference-free flights. But I get almost the same with my original TX/P3 too, just a slight drop in signal or video, usually not enough to compromise transmission.

Which ones are you referring to?

Or...you can do like I did and order the antennas for $8.00 each and the antenna leads for $10-15.00 and save a lot of money.

Apples and Oranges.. The stock antenna and rubber duck/pads are not the same antenna technology as the itelite .. The former are more omnidirectional where as the flat panel is more directional and has a different transmission panel.. The flat contracts the beam in terms of height and width providing a more concentrated transmission. Omni sends the signal everywhere. Windsurfers are an attempt to take omni and make it directional but don't (in themselves) add any DBi. The itelite focuses the beam and increases the DBi over the stock antenna. All help with a signal ... just a matter of what you need to do.. Without amplification though, none of these help with penetration, e.g. through trees..

How To Increase WiFi Range With The Right WiFi Antenna

Yep that's what I get in open-wide, direct-line and interference-free flights. But I get almost the same with my original TX/P3 too, just a slight drop in signal or video, usually not enough to compromise transmission.
I am getting this from my back yard in a large neighborhood headed out over a forest and mountain.

Apples and Oranges.. The stock antenna and rubber duck/pads are not the same antenna technology as the itelite .. The former are more omnidirectional where as the flat panel is more directional and has a different transmission panel.. The flat contracts the beam in terms of height and width providing a more concentrated transmission. Omni sends the signal everywhere. Windsurfers are an attempt to take omni and make it directional but don't (in themselves) add any DBi. The itelite focuses the beam and increases the DBi over the stock antenna. All help with a signal ... just a matter of what you need to do.. Without amplification though, none of these help with penetration, e.g. through trees..

How To Increase WiFi Range With The Right WiFi Antenna
I do not know what this is about...but Okay...thanks for the information that I already knew. I am sure someone can use it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl