Airplane Mode

I fly in airplane mode when I have my maps cached. That way I'm not distracted by phone calls, text messages, etc.

Well I use the term aircraft mode as I am British but yes that is what I always do - last thing I want is a moaning member of my staff ringing me mid flight to ask why her chair had been moved! Yes it DID happen!

Well I use the term aircraft mode as I am British but yes that is what I always do - last thing I want is a moaning member of my staff ringing me mid flight to ask why her chair had been moved! Yes it DID happen!

Must be some nice places to fly in the Brecon Beacons! I'm in north wales myself.
I use an iPad and don't use airplane mode but then again no-one rings me in my iPad!

Beyond the interest in wanting to not be bothered by a call, there is no intelligent reason to use airplane mode. those that talk about frequency interference simply don't understand.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
Must be some nice places to fly in the Brecon Beacons! I'm in north wales myself.
I use an iPad and don't use airplane mode but then again no-one rings me in my iPad!

When the weather is nice like it was today it can be awesome - most of the time we get 90mph winds and sideways rain.
North Wales is awesome as well - I want to fly around Barmouth and Snowdonia.

Beyond the interest in wanting to not be bothered by a call, there is no intelligent reason to use airplane mode. those that talk about frequency interference simply don't understand.

Why do you get better range in the country than in suburbia if there is no such thing as interference

The same reason that cars hit each other on the highway. But neither has anything to do with airplane mode

Last edited:
Reactions: Erroll

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl