After market Rx Unit

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me which after market Rx unit if any will work with the Phantom controller.

Thank you

I am using a spectrum AR8000. It works beautifully with my dx8 radio. All the functions that are built into the stock phantom radio can be programmed (gps, atti, rth, and ioc). I also installed a telemetry module and have altitude and battery voltage feedback real time. I also use the X1 channel to control the pitch of my gopro camera (have a dual axis gimbal installed).

Here is a link to the receiver:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Defa ... =SPMAR8000

Let me know if you have any questions. It was a lot of fun setting it up.

Kent

koviatt said:
I am using a spectrum AR8000. It works beautifully with my dx8 radio. All the functions that are built into the stock phantom radio can be programmed (gps, atti, rth, and ioc). I also installed a telemetry module and have altitude and battery voltage feedback real time. I also use the X1 channel to control the pitch of my gopro camera (have a dual axis gimbal installed).

Here is a link to the receiver:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Defa ... =SPMAR8000

Let me know if you have any questions. It was a lot of fun setting it up.

Kent

Can you tell me more about the module (for altitude) because I have the same setup but use HK OSD for altitude?
The HK OSD refresh rate is not good.
Thanks,

Maveriksam said:
Could anyone tell me which after market Rx unit if any will work with the Phantom controller.

Thank you

I think you need the whole set TX + RX. :(

koviatt said:
Tanasit,

What transmitter are you using? I almost went the HK osd route, too.

The telemetry is very fast. No delay. Here is the altitude sensor:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Defa ... D=SPMA9575

Kent

DX8

I am not happy with HK OSD though. It took too long to log in and the accuracy is doubtful not to mention slow refresh rate.
Thanks for the link, I will check it out but the only problem is I fly FPV with goggles so I won't be able to see the DX8 display but later when I get the monitor then it will be helpful.

Yes I know what you mean about Goggles and reading the DX8 display. My LOS person keeps an eye on the display for me if I want to know any numbers. Or I just lift the goggles and glance down. With the DX8 you can fly with telemetry on the main screen so you do not have to fiddle with the buttons to get to telemetry. I have an RVOSD unit that we use for our large Raptor plane, and I really like the OSD in the goggles. But this is a good compromise. It is nice to have that battery voltage information. Now my challenge is that battery life is an issue - not really a good FPV set up, because about the time you get beyond LOS it is time to return. A lot of stress with helicopters. No glide, you know. HA!

Also I have both goggles and a 7 inch TFT display set up for FPV so my LOS person can watch as well.

Kent

How are you powering both your AR8000 receiver and NAZA controller? I've seen several of the video's and reading the NAZA manuals from DJI site, not picking up where your picking up power from for both the receiver and NAZA units in the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl