After 1 year flying it nearly happened!

I must of looked a right tit running down that dirt track with my controller lol

Reactions: rigor
Looks like you definitely need an imu calibration and a gimbal calibration as well. The horizon is way off. I wonder if this is yet another case of firmware screwing the bird up.

The gimbal has been level and ok until that happened, i only hit record when i realised i had a problem

I calibrated the imu the other week and got the quad nice and cold. Like i said absolutely no problems until this. I hope somebody can read the log and tell me what happened wether it be my fault or not.

When the quad is spinning in the pic i think that is me trying to make it fly back but it just seemed to want to go that way and it was me sending it higher to try and see it behind the trees. When it then just starts to fly straight that must of been when i was running down the track after it. Then i was lowering onto the golf course just to stop it going further away but in the panic i just hit return home luckily. It goes to show you don't realise how much you panic until it happens i lost my cool i will definitely try and learn from this.

Have you recalibrate everything and tried to fly it again ?

No i won't fly it again until i know what happened and thought more about what to do in this situation without panicking. It all happens so fast and the quad is soon out of sight.

My fault I just reread everything and you on firmware 1.1.9 I thought you said you updated to the newest firmware. Can you post the flight logs with stick inputs .

Reactions: SteUk
Is this everything?

Attachments

• FLY059.DAT.LogMessages.txt
    37.6 KB · Views: 208
No i won't fly it again until i know what happened and thought more about what to do in this situation without panicking. It all happens so fast and the quad is soon out of site.
Yeah I understand completely. Hopefully a resident expert can chime in and give the problem and solution.

the first time it happened to me i thought it was the wind it kept heading towards a big tree and no matter what i did it kept going there so i lifted it up quick and i had to steer it away from me to get it to come back it took me ages to figure out where to fly it to get it to come my way i got it down safe but the second time i flew it there was no wind at all i was in a carpark and the same thing happened again and had to try and land it without landing on a car i havent flown it since i know it must be the app.

the first time it happened to me i thought it was the wind it kept heading towards a big tree and no matter what i did it kept going there so i lifted it up quick and i had to steer it away from me to get it to come back it took me ages to figure out where to fly it to get it to come my way i got it down safe but the second time i flew it there was no wind at all i was in a carpark and the same thing happened again and had to try and land it without landing on a car i havent flown it since i know it must be the app.

I know what you mean but for me after it spun around i lost which way it was facing thats when i panicked and because of the sun glare after i came out of the shade to follow it.

Yeh i can laugh now but believe me i wasn't laughing at the time lol not run that fast since i was at school

It was kind of going with the wind (which was quite gusty today)
That implies it had switched to ATTI perhaps not enough sats briefly?

It was more of a breeze but why was it spinning around? maybe pilot error and if so i can take the flack but would like to know either way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl