Can you post your log report, I did not do anything with my rc because when i did the downgrade my rc is off..(sorry bad english not from english country)
I don't have it now, will try to find it. I kept RC on when downgrading by the way.

Try to upgrade to 1.6.8 with remote controller on. And follow the instructions from # 1 "with the 20 sec RC button hold"
Then you do the downgrade to 1.5.7 with the controller off. #1
Now Controller is on Firmware 1.6.8 and 1.5.7 on your Drone.

Works fine for me,

Regards

Now that you guys are fixing some of these range issues, you need to get this terminator extreme and start running some distance with me, the PIII S is a very capable bird with the right set up
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468272635.304477.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468272667.189898.jpg

As you guys know, I was so desperate after 1.6.8 firmware upgrade and I was loosing RC signal within 40m-60m .. But After 1.5 months finally solved it permanently.. Here we go!!!

In my method, Basically you need to put 1.6.80 firmware to your RC and also you need to put 1.5.70+ to aircraft. so How do we do that?>???

1. You need upgrade your drone using LATEST DJI go app. ( if you are already in 1.6.8, then downgrade it in to 1.5.7 )
2. After upgrading to 1.6.8 please close DJI go app, restart the drone and RC connect it, after that Switch off all the things.
3. Then download and put 1.5.7 firmware bin file to a SD card.
4. Put the SD card in to the aircraft WITHOUT turning it on.
5. Then turn on the aircraft WHILE PRESSING RC LINK BUTTON ON THE AIRCRAFT LEFT SIDE BODY.
6. Hold it on for like 20 seconds and release it.
7. Then complete firmware upgrading process will start and it will be over within 10-15min as usual..
8.Then restart the drone.
9.After all these steps your RC will be stay in 1.6.8 and your aircraft will be 1.5.7+ and DO NOT UPGRADE AGAIN, unless you want the problem again.. LoL...

Have a flight and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT THE RANGE YOU GOT!!!!!

PS: And finally thanks you my friend "mpogrebnoy" ( from US ) for showing me that game changing screenshots ..
Thank you so much for this. I thought my drone was broken and then I found this thread today. I downgraded and now it works just like before. Although I just copied the bin file to my card, put it in and powered up the drone, the RC and the App and it took the new firmware just fine. It only took a few minutes. Then I put my other batteries in the drone one by one and powered them up and they took the firmware as well.

Thanks for the downgrade instruction. Before on FW 1.6.8 I have no issue with flying in rural areas with max range around 550meters before RTH but I experienced lost signal alot in suburban/urban about 100m max and altitude 20-30m max. The downgrade has improved my range in urban/suburban area to about 250-300meters. I'm in CE region btw. Happy with 1.5.7+ and DJI GO 2.8.3 on ios.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't have it now, will try to find it. I kept RC on when downgrading by the way.
does your dji
What version is your dji app, the one with a geo fencing?. Ive heard that latest version giv poor performance
Thank you so much for this. I thought my drone was broken and then I found this thread today. I downgraded and now it works just like before. Although I just copied the bin file to my card, put it in and powered up the drone, the RC and the App and it took the new firmware just fine. It only took a few minutes. Then I put my other batteries in the drone one by one and powered them up and they took the firmware as well.
Good to hear that, one thing is not good notification of firmware update annoys me.

Does everyone have this issue? With latest firmware and no mods I get 600 meters line of sight in an urban neighborhood.

I have the standard but cannot figure out how to tell which firmware version is on my remote controller. Can someone help? I have not manually updated the controller since I bought it, only did upgrades when the app said it was available. I have seen some documentation that says you have to manually update the controller to a certain version and after that the app can update the firmware. Is that correct? (I'm also having the RC Lost issue over the past couple of weeks after it worked well previously)

Rc updates with the drone firmware at the same time .. The rc stays the same when u down grade . I flew this morning at hit the limit 2 weeks ago could hardly fly 100 mtrs

Sent from my KIW-L21 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: rellinb
I have the standard but cannot figure out how to tell which firmware version is on my remote controller. Can someone help? I have not manually updated the controller since I bought it, only did upgrades when the app said it was available. I have seen some documentation that says you have to manually update the controller to a certain version and after that the app can update the firmware. Is that correct? (I'm also having the RC Lost issue over the past couple of weeks after it worked well previously)
If you connect the DJI-GO app and controller to the drone you can look in the app for the firmware version.

select camera and then at the top right select general settings.
Scroll down to about and select it.
now you can see the firmware version from the app and controller and your P3

As you guys know, I was so desperate after 1.6.8 firmware upgrade and I was loosing RC signal within 40m-60m .. But After 1.5 months finally solved it permanently.. Here we go!!!

In my method, Basically you need to put 1.6.80 firmware to your RC and also you need to put 1.5.70+ to aircraft. so How do we do that?>???

1. You need upgrade your drone using LATEST DJI go app. ( if you are already in 1.6.8, then downgrade it in to 1.5.7 )
2. After upgrading to 1.6.8 please close DJI go app, restart the drone and RC connect it, after that Switch off all the things.
3. Then download and put 1.5.7 firmware bin file to a SD card.
4. Put the SD card in to the aircraft WITHOUT turning it on.
5. Then turn on the aircraft WHILE PRESSING RC LINK BUTTON ON THE AIRCRAFT LEFT SIDE BODY.
6. Hold it on for like 20 seconds and release it.
7. Then complete firmware upgrading process will start and it will be over within 10-15min as usual..
8.Then restart the drone.
9.After all these steps your RC will be stay in 1.6.8 and your aircraft will be 1.5.7+ and DO NOT UPGRADE AGAIN, unless you want the problem again.. LoL...

Have a flight and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT THE RANGE YOU GOT!!!!!

PS: And finally thanks you my friend "mpogrebnoy" ( from US ) for showing me that game changing screenshots ..

I was only getting 30m (100 feet) before the live feed gave up. I downgraded the firmware and… wow! What a difference!! I got as far as 330m (1,080 feet) before I got nervous and brought it home (I’ve only had the Phantom for a few days, so still getting used to it). There was no picture breakup at all! Very happy! Thank you Dilan!

Reactions: hexagon
I downgraded the firmware but it did not fix my issue. Any way to downgrade the app to 2.8.3? I don't see it as an option in my purchased apps, only 2.8.4.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You better not downgrade guys...
I am not sure if it was due to the downgrade but...In the same field where i did flight multiple times my drone decided to fly away...And yes - i did calibrate IMU and i did calibrate compass without anything nearby...So at the range of 100m the DJI GO app showed me NO GPS message. After 3-5 seconds the app told me that my drone is at the flight-restricted area and started to descend while it was at the field...I cancelled it and then the compass error message came out and the drone just started to flyaway. I put controller to atti mode and tried to stop him but nothing helped. It was flying away. At the distance of 500m suddenly he stopped! Thanks god i have range extender on my RC and the video link was still stable. I finally took control of my drone and managed to take it back and land manually! As i found out after when i was looking at the flight records, my drone thinks he traveled 30.000m and the location he was "going to" is one of the main airpots in Moscow! See attachments))) So it is first time i experience that kind of problem...I have upgraded the drone back to the last FW and i will try to fly at that location tomorrow once again to make sure it was 1.5FW problem.

By the way if you read update notes of new 1.6.8 it tell that there are fixes to the stability during the flight and remodeled logic of that stability.
Think twice guys before you downgrade!!!!

[file]fly away 2|none[/file] [file]flyaway to the airport|none[/file]

I tried the online chat today and DJI said they are aware of the reports of RC Lost recently on the standard and that they are working on a fix. He did not know a timeline or current status though. So I guess (unless someone else finds a fix first), the options are to wait and fight w/ the severe distance limitations until a fix is found, or send it back in which is about a 1 to 2 week process. I am 99% sure this is not a hardware problem, but I've been wrong before.....

Reactions: hexagon
just a thought.... there are cases where standard pilots reported a dramatic decrease in range after 1.6.8FW. Everything was fine till then... Others, just like me, purchased standard after 1.6.8 launch and had to downgrade to fly as expected. Last but not least, I have read 1-2 cases where customers returned their phantoms for repairs and nothing changed... +1 rellinb... it does not indicate a HW prob...

I also tried online chat a few weeks ago to report my problem. They also told me that a new FW will be launched soon.... fingers crossed...

Reactions: rellinb
You better not downgrade guys...
I am not sure if it was due to the downgrade but...In the same field where i did flight multiple times my drone decided to fly away...And yes - i did calibrate IMU and i did calibrate compass without anything nearby...So at the range of 100m the DJI GO app showed me NO GPS message. After 3-5 seconds the app told me that my drone is at the flight-restricted area and started to descend while it was at the field...I cancelled it and then the compass error message came out and the drone just started to flyaway. I put controller to atti mode and tried to stop him but nothing helped. It was flying away. At the distance of 500m suddenly he stopped! Thanks god i have range extender on my RC and the video link was still stable. I finally took control of my drone and managed to take it back and land manually! As i found out after when i was looking at the flight records, my drone thinks he traveled 30.000m and the location he was "going to" is one of the main airpots in Moscow! See attachments))) So it is first time i experience that kind of problem...I have upgraded the drone back to the last FW and i will try to fly at that location tomorrow once again to make sure it was 1.5FW problem.

By the way if you read update notes of new 1.6.8 it tell that there are fixes to the stability during the flight and remodeled logic of that stability.
Think twice guys before you downgrade!!!!

[file]fly away 2|none[/file] [file]flyaway to the airport|none[/file]
Can you post that log,kinda curious what happened. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor