Tobbe_gbg said:
My PID is
Roll. P:11 I:0.03 D:20
Pitch P:12 I:0.03 D:20

But I have also tested with much less D and also Pitch I to 0.1
Still the same.

BR
//Torbjörn

You are missing the power setting. How much power are you providing to your motors? Too little and they won't be able to move the arms, too much and they will get really hot. Too much combined with too high D, and you get a motor that over compensates really fast. Gitter.

Tobbe_gbg said:
Power for both roll and pitch is 90, I have also tried 130

Ok, I run my "similar" gimbal at 35 for both roll and pitch. It is however perfectly balanced.

DKDarkness said:
Tobbe_gbg said:

Ok, I run my "similar" gimbal at 35 for both roll and pitch. It is however perfectly balanced.

Cyclops was "made for FC200"...

"the Cyclops Vision system provides the smooth & stable capability the Phantom Vision was destined for, optimized in a specifically design package that was custom designed for the Phantom Vision camera."

Not balanced?

AnselA said:
DKDarkness said:
Tobbe_gbg said:

"the Cyclops Vision system provides the smooth & stable capability the Phantom Vision was destined for, optimized in a specifically design package that was custom designed for the Phantom Vision camera."

Not balanced?
Do you mean gimble? Yes its balanced.
The phantom is also stable.
With the original gimblal the camera is much more steady, but I really believe that there is a config issue.
Camera is very steady and nice swinging arround in the hand.

DKDarkness said:
Tobbe_gbg said:

I feel that mine can hardly move with that low setting.
I will test it tomorrow when battery is loaded again.

Ok, I run my "similar" gimbal at 35 for both roll and pitch. It is however perfectly balanced.[/quote]

Not balanced?[/quote]
With the original gimblal the camera is much more steady, but I really believe that there is a config issue.
Camera is very steady and nice swinging arround in the hand.[/quote]

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gimble

No I mean gimbal. I designed the MotorPixie for the FC200, and it uses a similar controller and motors. The motors may be more efficient though. Just crancking the power up and then the error correction (D) doesn't automatically solve the problem. The problem is, that the IMU is getting micro vibrations from the P2V motors and propellers. These vibrations are what the controller is trying to counteract. That is why it works without problems when you hold it in your hand.you might want to check for slack in you motors, unbalanced motors (hard to do on the phantom) and balance you props using a DuBro prop balancer and custom balancing rods (found elsewhere on the forum)

Try to lower the D to 5 and the power to 35 and work your way up from there.

DKDarkness said:

Not balanced?[/quote]
Camera is very steady and nice swinging arround in the hand.[/quote]

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gimble

No I mean gimbal. I designed the MotorPixie for the FC200, and it uses a similar controller and motors. The motors may be more efficient though. Just crancking the power up and then the error correction (D) doesn't automatically solve the problem. The problem is, that the IMU is getting micro vibrations from the P2V motors and propellers. These vibrations are what the controller is trying to counteract. That is why it works without problems when you hold it in your hand.you might want to check for slack in you motors, unbalanced motors (hard to do on the phantom) and balance you props using a DuBro prop balancer and custom balancing rods (found elsewhere on the forum)

Try to lower the D to 5 and the power to 35 and work your way up from there.[/quote]

Thanks, Ill test that and also buy a prop-balancer.
I thought the genuine props was in balance but you are right.

Have now bought professional carbone propellers, propeller balancer and the specific axel for the vioion props.
Lets see if I get it all until end of next week..

In meantime.. thank you all for rapid response!!

My current settings which seem quite stable are...

ROLL P=10, I=0.05, D=8
PITCH P=14, I=0.05, D=8
POWER ROLL=120, PITCH=90
ROLL POWER INVERT is ticked
POLES=14

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member