Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

He guys, I have an fc40 and wanted to get the cyclops gimbal... I'm just trying to figure out if you can in fact control pitch of the camera while in flight. I mean without going through some modifications by adding a pitch control lever to the controller etc. as far as the places that sell these there is no info on this. but by reading a couple of posts here it seems that pitch control is possible right out of the box, plug and play... is this correct? I'm new to this so i'm really just learning. thanks...
"G"

Hey guys. I have received my gimbal now I try to set it up. I am quite desperate about the quick two moves at startup the phantom. It appears also when writing settings via software. Otherwise the gimbal works fine. Help appreciated, I couldn't find anything to solve it. Thx [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQpWBlBuRcY[/youtube]

I ve seen many gimbals without this violent movements at powering up. I just cant figure out the reason. Maybe some setting in the software. I will post the screenshot of mine that some able could analyze it. Can you other guys tell or show me how yours behave at startup? I also tried 6point calibration.

EDIT: Test video here. I can see small jitters and vibration (no jello) in my shot. Unfortunately I dont know the exact setting right now, coz I lowered Power after and not tested. I am also thinking to put back the two of four white dampeners, I find the black ones too strong.

I also want to discuss the other things. I tried to count the poles I guess they are 14 (unfortunately no specification about motors given). I dont understand the "invert" setting, coz it does not make any difference in behaviour if i match it or not on either roll or pitch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BxTVpG83w4[/youtube]

hey guys i need help with the cyclops gimbal, i have no satelites, gps information or battery percentage showing after i installed it yesterday

any help would be great... Thanks !!

pearson94 said:
hey guys i need help with the cyclops gimbal, i have no satelites, gps information or battery percentage showing after i installed it yesterday

any help would be great... Thanks !!

Make sure the white cable plug to the camera is pushed IN. It can be tight.

Can you tilt the camera from Vision app?

Hi guys. Greetings from south Louisiana. I just installed the Cyclops gimbal on my P2V. Everything looks great. I've gone through this thread from beginning to end, trying different settings, tweaking, etc. All tuned in except for one issue. When I try to point the gimbal down via my app it starts going down and kinda stalls about halfway and lightly bounces. If I nudge it just a little it'll continue downward until it's straight down. And it'll do the same thing coming up. I have all the settings dialed in in both Phantom Assist software and gimbal software. Also there are no wires/cables limiting the movement. I can add a video if needed. Thanks in advance.

cajunguy said:
Hi guys. Greetings from south Louisiana. I just installed the Cyclops gimbal on my P2V. Everything looks great. I've gone through this thread from beginning to end, trying different settings, tweaking, etc. All tuned in except for one issue. When I try to point the gimbal down via my app it starts going down and kinda stalls about halfway and lightly bounces. If I nudge it just a little it'll continue downward until it's straight down. And it'll do the same thing coming up. I have all the settings dialed in in both Phantom Assist software and gimbal software. Also there are no wires/cables limiting the movement. I can add a video if needed. Thanks in advance.
I had the same issue, when pointing the camera down it would bounce a bit but only sometimes. I just increased the 'P' and the power a touch as I recall. Sorry I cant recall my actual settings at the moment as I'm away for the next week but I know that it did cure it.

I guess u must increase the power. Try and u see. Tell me do u have the initial moves at startup which I have. See above my video.

Attachments

• saatamista1B.jpg
    saatamista1B.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 465
dave21 said:
http://aerialpixels.com/support/alexmos-brushless-gimbal-controller-simplebgc-tuning-guide/ Try to study this link.
I guess the vibrations of phantom make the gimbal oscillating. You MUST balance your props as much as possible. Also balance the gimbal it self (adjusting the arms of the gimbal). Than try lower the Power and P. Than you play with D value.

I am familiar with the aerialpixels document. I have tried my best to balance the props. When P2 is on a table (power OFF), the camera stays in any position I set it manually -- balanced??

Should I reduce or increase the D value?

Attachments

• prop_balance.jpg
    prop_balance.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 390
Ok so you try to follow this video instruction. I think you will see the logic of the settings of PID and the realtime data analysis is the key. There is always individual setting according to given Power. I would lower the P and Power and start to find the apropriate D. I agree with I=0,03 which is quite adequate setting for the speed. I am also trying my setups and I get what you see in my previous posts. What I also did I switched back to two rear white dampeners. I find the black ones too hard, so you might find an ispiration here too.

EDIT: Ou I see it now. In Phanotm assistant you must put "zero" on Roll gain. You have it at "20"!!

[vimeo]64351956[/vimeo]

Dave21,

Thank you very much for your advice. Fabiens video helped me to understand how to use the real time display on BGC GUI. It would interesting to see the real time display when Phantom is in the air, but I have understood the Bluetooth module is not available for 8-bit BGC, correct?

I have been confused about the Phantom gain, BGC power and BGC P. Are they all "cascaded" or used like consecutive/serial adjustments?

I set the Phantom pitch gain to zero because I found such an advice on this forum, without understanding why... Apparently I should do the same for roll gain, too. (This is something Aerial Freaks should tell about!)

It may take a week or two before I'll get an opportunity test new settings in the air.

You set the gain to zero because that gain is used on the stock gimbal to counter the angle of the craft. On 3rd party gimbals that tilt is computed from the IMU on top of the camera. Setting the roll has no effect. If the gain is not set to zero, the gimbal would interept the gain as user input and adjust the tilt accordingly resulting in unintended up or dowm movement of the gimbal.

Did I understood right:

pitch gain = 0
roll gain = does not matter

---

About BGC settings.

Limit accelerations

- I understand the words, but have no idea which acceleration values are feasible and should it be limited?

Skip Gyro calibration at start up

- Comments on this? If not selected, P2V should stand still, when powered up?

Mi cyclops gimbal starts jitter as son as I takes-off.
Holding it in my hand and and shake works fine.
Have new genuine propellars. Tested 2 different ones but still the same result. Tried to higher and lower D on the pitch but only minor improvments.
When I tighten the dampers with scews since I experienced that the entire gimbal could start to "self-shake" it become less shaking but still not good.

Any ideas?

My PID is
Roll. P:11 I:0.03 D:20
Pitch P:12 I:0.03 D:20

But I have also tested with much less D and also Pitch I to 0.1
Still the same.

BR
//Torbjörn

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics