Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Sorry- I used these terms interchangeably...which of course, they're not. As I found out by accident, the Basecam software defaults are not the Aerial Freaks defaults....duh... Attached is the Aerial Freaks factory defaults if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• new setting.zip
    868 bytes · Views: 250
brad1 said:
Sorry- I used these terms interchangeably...which of course, they're not. As I found out by accident, the Basecam software defaults are not the Aerial Freaks defaults....duh... Attached is the Aerial Freaks factory defaults if anyone is interested.

Can the XML -file imported to simpleBGC GUI?

AnselA said:
brad1 said:

I found the way

Stealthdude said:
Ordered one of these last week and it's just arrived today, only one week ain't bad from USA to UK, no import tax to pay... :)
Instructions are terrible but I managed anyway, ain't tried it outside yet as its raining here but the camera seems to over compensate on the forward and backward movement. The camera raises up slightly when the phantom is tipped forward and lowers slightly when tipped back. Haven't plugged it into PC yet, will do that later and I don't have a lens filter fitted which might account for the over compensation due to balance issues.
Overall I'm quite impressed with the quality although the plastic box it arrived in was damaged and the instructions were poor.

Set the gimbal gain to 0 in the DJI Assistant software.

brad1 said:
Just got mine all dialed in. Changing the P value even one number made a big difference. Smooth video, no jittering.

Just one problem. When using the DJI app to tilt the camera down, once I hit about 60 degrees, the gimbal starts to shake or bounce. The wires are not hung up, so I'm thinking it's a setting somewhere either in the Basecam software or the Vision Assistant. Before I screw up my settings, does anyone know which setting I should adjust? Seems like a limit travel or something.

Also, I'm getting about 13 minutes flight time. Moderate flying, calm air. What's everyone else getting? Do you thing lowering the power levels on the gimbal would increase flight time?

I also emailed Aerial Freaks and they sent me the factory profile in case anyone did what I did and overwrite with defaults without saving..... oops...

I'm jealous! I've been working on mine for a month, and still have jitters. I have to use stabi software to make the video usable. I'm starting to wonder if I have a bad rotor motor.

The pitch limits are in the RC tab of the BGC software. I have my max set at 75 to give me a nadir (straight down) view.

13 mins is about what I'm getting. I've also noticed my FPV range is cut almost in half due to one of the camera's antennas being blocked by the gimbal's pitch motor.

AnselA said:
AnselA said:
brad1 said:

I found the way

Care to share?

harpo1 said:
AnselA said:
AnselA said:

I found the way

Care to share?

When you click "Load" button, you get a window showing profiles in ..\SimpleBGC_GUI_2_40\profiles. But there's a pull down menu and you can navigate to any other folder. If you unzip the package, which brad1 posted, to ..\SimpleBGC_GUI_2_40\profiles you see the profile when you click the load button. Hope you understand my explanation?

[/quote]

When you click "Load" button, you get a window showing profiles in ..\SimpleBGC_GUI_2_40\profiles. But there's a pull down menu and you can navigate to any other folder. If you unzip the package, which brad1 posted, to ..\SimpleBGC_GUI_2_40\profiles you see the profile when you click the load button. Hope you understand my explanation?[/quote]

Got it thanks.

Hey all... I am going to purchase the Cyclops Vision gimble and was wondering if I should order it from HeliDirect in Massachusetts, or from the official Aerial Freaks company in California?? Both are advertising it for $299 USD. I live in Washington State and don't want the package to be too banged up when it arrives from either dealer. Thanks

Not able to tilt with Dji app on android. Everything else working great with the gimbal. Any suggestions

Apparently, the next firmware will have tilt for Plus and possibly for Vision as well. Hopefully not too long to wait.

lstmmrbls said:
Not able to tilt with Dji app on android. Everything else working great with the gimbal. Any suggestions
Have you made sure the cable for the gimbal control is in the correct position and orientation?
The instructions were poor with mine.

thanks so much, that was it. Hard to see but was on second row of pins instead of first. Everything working great. One motor gets a bit warm and I also zip tied the camera to the mount which eliminated a small vibration that was coming from the camera cooling fan. Will test fly tomorrow after putting on extended legs.

Help... If anyone stills reads this thread, I have installed the Cyclops gimble and all seems well except through the Phantom iPad control app camera tilt function, I can't get the cam to tilt all the way vertical (straight down). I have set the pitch parameters under GIMBLE SETTINGS in Assist software to different amounts, but no luck getting the gimble to go straight down. Is there another setting in the Basecam software that I am missing? Maybe some sort of pitch/tilt-limit setting? Happy with the gimble, but fine-tuning is a pain! :?

Magicman98445 said:
Help... If anyone stills reads this thread, I have installed the Cyclops gimble and all seems well except through the Phantom iPad control app camera tilt function, I can't get the cam to tilt all the way vertical (straight down). I have set the pitch parameters under GIMBLE SETTINGS in Assist software to different amounts, but no luck getting the gimble to go straight down. Is there another setting in the Basecam software that I am missing? Maybe some sort of pitch/tilt-limit setting? Happy with the gimble, but fine-tuning is a pain! :?
Yes there are settings in the basecam software that needs to be set. Can't get to my PC ATM so can't tell u where.

Magicman98445 said:

The pitch limits are in the RC tab of the BGC software. I have my max set at 75 to give me a nadir (straight down) view.

Drizzit said:
Magicman98445 said:

Thank you so much. I will check those settings out.

So finally I pulled the trigger. My buddy will bring the gimbal from US. I believe I made good decision.

Magicman98445 said:
Drizzit said:
Magicman98445 said:

Thank you so much. I will check those settings out.

Well I adjusted the pitch limits in the BGC software and now the min/max travel is perfect, from horizontal to straight down vertical. Thanks again for the expertise. And BTW, I could not not find the physical reset button on the controller board. Other boards I've seen have the tiny reset button that you can assign for ACC calib, GYRO calib, etc. Any info on that??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl