Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Video I did using the gimbal, some small vibrations that I think reducing the power will sort.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yKQWqJdXP8[/youtube]
It's a preview for a Paintball Event in New Zealand next month (at a Water Park that closes during Winter)

-the underwater shots are using a ReplayXD 1080mini

timbertitans said:
Video I did using the gimbal, some small vibrations that I think reducing the power will sort.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yKQWqJdXP8[/youtube]
It's a preview for a Paintball Event in New Zealand next month (at a Water Park that closes during Winter)

-the underwater shots are using a ReplayXD 1080mini

Love that..Another good option for a P2V Gimbal.
And does not needed to wait in long line..or customer service problem

Here is a short video of my first flight with this gimbal. As you can see it is shuddering, I have tried adjusting the gimbal several times but cannot seem to get stable video .. I must be doing something wrong but not sure where to start looking.

I have not put the whole video up but there are places where the "shuddering" is worse.

http://youtu.be/K1h6pXO6W2M

need4 said:
I am happy now with my gimbal. Everything works well and smooth.
Tomorrow i will start my first outdoor test :)

@need4

another German here, thinking about ordering the gimbal.

how did the ordering/delivery to Germany go for you?
Did you run into any customs issues?

thanks!
Sebastian

Aerial freaks said there will be EU dealer. Its been a while and no news from them after sending an email. I am still waiting not to deal with customs.

dave21 said:
Aerial freaks said there will be EU dealer. Its been a while and no news from them after sending an email. I am still waiting not to deal with customs.

To me dealing with the customs is as easy as ordering online shop. I just need to be aware from which country the parcell is delivered; between EU countries there's no added VATs. Outside of EU I am prepared to pay the VAT.

AnselA said:
dave21 said:

To me dealing with the customs is as easy as ordering online shop. I just need to be aware from which country the parcell is delivered; between EU countries there's no added VATs. Outside of EU I am prepared to pay the VAT.
I want to buy from EU dealer because i am sure the final price must be lower than having it sent from US + tax + customs. Ofcourse its all there anyway but dealers will offer better price for sure. I estimated total price 400 usdwhen sending from US. Hope they have some EU dealer soon which they wrote on their facebook.

AnselA said:
dave21 said:

I want to buy from EU dealer because i am sure the final price must be lower than having it sent from US + tax + customs. Ofcourse its all there anyway but dealers will offer better price for sure. I estimated total price 400 usdwhen sending from US. Hope they have some EU dealer soon which they wrote on their facebook.

dave21 said:

It's your option. I prefer buying from EU dealer, too. But just for few euros, I didn't wait more (months?).

AnselA said:
dave21 said:

It's your option. I prefer buying from EU dealer, too. But just for few euros, I didn't wait more (months?).
Sure, if it takes long, not worth to wait.

AnselA said:
dave21 said:

Sure, if it takes long, not worth to wait.

Newbie Question

First off, thanks to everyone here who's shared tips and settings. It's been a lifesaver for someone like me trying to tune my first gimbal.

My question is, what's up with the "Invert" setting? I know it's supposed to reverse the direction of the motors, which if not set correctly can be bad for the gimbal. But I've seen different screenshots posted in this thread showing conflicting Invert settings. Mine came from AerialFreaks with the pitch motor inverted by default, so that's how I left it. But after over 2 weeks of trying with no luck to clear up a jittery vibration, I suddenly found that everything I did tonight seemed to work beautifully and my image was almost perfect! I then noticed that I had somehow accidentally unchecked the pitch invert box. When I put it back to the default checked position, my stabilization went to hell again. I ran the auto-detect on the motors and it did in fact leave both motor inversions unchecked. So if both motors are not supposed to be inverted on this gimbal, why would AerialFreaks invert the pitch by default? And why do they set the motors to 12 poles by default instead of 14? Is every gimbal different, or are they just goofy?

AnselA said:
dave21 said:

well i dont mind ordering from US, who knows when/if they get that EU dealer going.
but would still like to hear from need4 or someone else who has actually ordered...

Okay, after much work and many test flights, I have some decent stabilization but can't seem to rid the last little oscillation. Over the last couple weeks I've verified that the gimbal is assembled correctly and that no wires are touching the camera, balanced the gimbal and tried several different COG adjustments, painstakingly balanced each motor and rotor to perfection, replaced a motor I suspected of having bad bearings, tried 6 different sizes and densities of vibration dampening ball mounts, tried different combinations of densities, stuffed the balls with foam, tried twisting AND attaching a ferrite noise dampener to the IMU cable to rule out signal noise, and I still have a persistent vibration.

The Gyro Trust is at 70. Changing any parameter in any direction seems to make it worse. It's pretty stable, but there's still a periodic roll jitter:

http://youtu.be/In-dFHYzKaE

The only way I've been able to quiet the oscillation enough to make the video usable is to lower the DJI flight gains to 50 or 60. This quiets the vibration a lot, but with the gains that low, It's like flying a brick! Even small wind gusts destabilize the aircraft to the point that it doesn't feel safe to fly. The gains for the above video were at 100.

This is my first attempt at tuning a gimbal, and I'd sure appreciate any tips or insight anyone with more experience may have!
Thanks!

Attachments

• settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 408
Try increasing the D on your roll by increments of 2 and test, as soon as I started increasing mine the jitters dropped a lot.

timbertitans said:
Try increasing the D on your roll by increments of 2 and test, as soon as I started increasing mine the jitters dropped a lot.

Thanks for the tip! Increasing the D did help. I had read somewhere that "D" is used to smooth out LFO, but high frequency oscillations like I was seeing meant D was too high. I kept trying to lower D, but it seems I may have been going in the wrong direction. It's still not perfect, but this gives me a new direction to work in.

Thanks again.

Ordered one of these last week and it's just arrived today, only one week ain't bad from USA to UK, no import tax to pay... :)
Instructions are terrible but I managed anyway, ain't tried it outside yet as its raining here but the camera seems to over compensate on the forward and backward movement. The camera raises up slightly when the phantom is tipped forward and lowers slightly when tipped back. Haven't plugged it into PC yet, will do that later and I don't have a lens filter fitted which might account for the over compensation due to balance issues.
Overall I'm quite impressed with the quality although the plastic box it arrived in was damaged and the instructions were poor.

Just got mine all dialed in. Changing the P value even one number made a big difference. Smooth video, no jittering.

Just one problem. When using the DJI app to tilt the camera down, once I hit about 60 degrees, the gimbal starts to shake or bounce. The wires are not hung up, so I'm thinking it's a setting somewhere either in the Basecam software or the Vision Assistant. Before I screw up my settings, does anyone know which setting I should adjust? Seems like a limit travel or something.

Also, I'm getting about 13 minutes flight time. Moderate flying, calm air. What's everyone else getting? Do you thing lowering the power levels on the gimbal would increase flight time?

I also emailed Aerial Freaks and they sent me the factory profile in case anyone did what I did and overwrite with defaults without saving..... oops....

brad1 said:
I also emailed Aerial Freaks and they sent me the factory profile in case anyone did what I did and overwrite with defaults without saving..... oops....

Defaults are not factory (Aerial Freaks) setting?

Please, share the factory profile.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl