Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

I'm not really sure either, my pitch was inverted by default. I only changed it after trying other peoples settings - bit worried if it's going to cause damage

FINALLY got out for a real test today (as opposed to all the hand-held livingroom testing) and am happy and unhappy with the results. The stabilization worked perfectly, however I am getting a huge amount of jitter or vibration every few seconds. Wasn't very windy, probably 5kts or so, pretty steady. Any suggestions?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF-5AolhrXE[/youtube]

Are your propellers balanced? Try adding a shooter's ear plug inside each of the 4 rubber dampers. That should keep the shock mount between the fuselage and gimbal from vibrating. These are tricks others have used. It's easy to do and just might solve the problem.
mchad said:
FINALLY got out for a real test today (as opposed to all the hand-held livingroom testing) and am happy and unhappy with the results. The stabilization worked perfectly, however I am getting a huge amount of jitter or vibration every few seconds. Wasn't very windy, probably 5kts or so, pretty steady. Any suggestions?

Drummer Boy said:
Are your propellers balanced? Try adding a shooter's ear plug inside each of the 4 rubber dampers. That should keep the shock mount between the fuselage and gimbal from vibrating. These are tricks others have used. It's easy to do and just might solve the problem.
mchad said:

I just put new props on, but no, I haven't checked balance. I will. I also happen to have a box of plugs. So I can definitely try that.

Thanks

Hoping someone can help. I have installed my gimbal but when I power on my P2V the gimbal vibrates rapidly (not violently) causing it to move up and down almost imperceptibly. It stops as soon as I touch the base with a finger but starts again if I use the DJI app to tilt the camera up or down and again will stop when I touch it with my finger.

It is driving me nuts trying to find a solution so if anyone has ANY ideas I'd love to hear them.

mchad said:

I have noticed that I am having similar issues lately. I lowered the gimbal for better clearance and I relocated the power cable to the camera so that it would not catch on anything. The gimbal is perfectly smooth when powered up and carried around. The vibration is coming from the Phantom itself in flight. I brought is down to about 4 feet and I could see the Phantom shaking. When I landed it appears that one of the props may be spinning slower than that other 3.

Not sure if it the same issue as yours but the video results certainly look the same. This has been a fairly new development as it was fairly smooth not that long ago.

loquacious said:
Hoping someone can help. I have installed my gimbal but when I power on my P2V the gimbal vibrates rapidly (not violently) causing it to move up and down almost imperceptibly. It stops as soon as I touch the base with a finger but starts again if I use the DJI app to tilt the camera up or down and again will stop when I touch it with my finger.

It is driving me nuts trying to find a solution so if anyone has ANY ideas I'd love to hear them.

Anyone ?????

cnitschke said:
mchad said:

I have noticed that I am having similar issues lately. I lowered the gimbal for better clearance and I relocated the power cable to the camera so that it would not catch on anything. The gimbal is perfectly smooth when powered up and carried around. The vibration is coming from the Phantom itself in flight. I brought is down to about 4 feet and I could see the Phantom shaking. When I landed it appears that one of the props may be spinning slower than that other 3.

Not sure if it the same issue as yours but the video results certainly look the same. This has been a fairly new development as it was fairly smooth not that long ago.

Don't think it's the same issue. With mine, when flying low and slow directly in front of me, I can see the gimbal (camera) shake, while the phantom remains (relatively) stable. Pretty sure mine is an issue with the gimbal. I did adjust my settings to those that Piranha originally posted, and balanced my props, two of which were fairly out of balance. Haven't had a chance to test yet. - note that the above flight was with factory settings and unbalanced yet new, props btw.

I noticed having my roll power at 177 was giving a high pitched sound from the motor, touching the motor stopped it but didn't sound good.

After studying a bit more on PIDs I went back to Pirahnas settings and fine tuned to what I'm really happy with. Haven't recorded any video yet but recommend trying these settings.

Attachments

• cyclops.JPG
    cyclops.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 621
AnselA said:
AnselA said:
I am discussing with the dealer for a replacement unit.

Followup: Got a co-operative response, now waiting for RMA.

Followup2: Sent gimbal to HeliDirect and yesterday got another one, three weeks. Now pitch/tilt works as expected. I even managed to configure BaseCam settings so that camera tilts from straight down position to about 45 deg. up:) Other settings like piranha's. Waiting for "field test weather".

How do you transport P2V + gimbal? There's no locking mechanism...

I use a couple of rubber bands around the frame that wrap underneath preventing the gimbal from flopping down. Easy to remove and replace and does the job.

timbertitans said:
I use a couple of rubber bands around the frame that wrap underneath preventing the gimbal from flopping down. Easy to remove and replace and does the job.

Please, can you post a picture, I don't need to invent the wheel again.

First fligh with Cyclone gimbal. Basically OK, but sometimes terrible resonations. Took some pictures of P2V and the reason might be the white cable from gimbal electronics to the FC200 preventing "free" movements? Some tuning needed?

Extended skids are self made. If the camera is straight down, the lens will not touch a smooth ground on landing. Vertical sticks are 4 mm wood (bamboo) to avoid interference with radio signals and magnetic compass. Horizontal sticks are 6 mm CF tube, connectors are "standard" sport kite leading edge connectors. Lock/unlock type zip ties for binding. 30 seconds to install or remove.

Attachments

• D7K_2775-w1024.jpg
    D7K_2775-w1024.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 457
timbertitans said:
Yup you can adjust how far it goes up and down in the software which includes making it go straight down
thanks, how good are they I know they are a lot cheaper then the RP gimbal and you don't have to wait months to get it. are they easy to set up and what is the weight and flight times. I have seen a few youtube video's of them in action and they seem ok. I have been holding of ordering a RP one to see if they got their act together but looks like that is never going to happen so to the people that have them are you happy with it.
As anyone from the UK brought one and did you have to pay tax on in

shaun27 said:
can this gimbal tilt all the way down have seen a few youtube videos but not seen it go all the down

In the RC tab, these are the settings that I set to get straight down travel. Have not flown it yet but it works desk flying...

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 491

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl