Advice to buy a DJI drone for 1000m high or higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the original question: All Dji drones have the factory 500m above liftoff height restriction.
And if you really, really want, and spend enough time (or money) on it, you will find a way to remove that restriction on any of the drones.
But I'm sure that if you try flying at 500m, you'll see that this is high enough. Personally I never even exceeded 200m. That is already high.

If you want a drone for very high altitudes, you should focus on selecting one which better deals with wind, and not on the software-only restrictions.

I hate extending this thread which should have ended at one reply of, don’t do it.

I had to say, given how DJI does thing and the direction of things, I’m quite surprised that it doesn’t program in max AGL depending on where you take off (GPS based), like protecting take off vis GEO

Why react so incredibly fiercely to a request from a user? Someone is looking for a drone that can go higher than 120 meters. In short; there is no such drone in the DJI drone family. But that doesn't mean that it can not be asked.
Come on, the world is bigger than yours and mine. Let us be really the tolerant drone people and convince someone that it is not desirable to fly outside the permitted altitude.

Why react so incredibly fiercely to a request from a user? Someone is looking for a drone that can go higher than 120 meters. In short; there is no such drone in the DJI drone family. But that doesn't mean that it can not be asked.
Come on, the world is bigger than yours and mine. Let us be really the tolerant drone people and convince someone that it is not desirable to fly outside the permitted altitude.
All the phantoms and the Mavics do 500m straight out of the box.

All the phantoms and the Mavics do 500m straight out of the box.

The OP was talking about 1000m, I think the other gentleman either mistyped or was confused from other posts.

I feel the answer should be so much simpler:

No, there are no DJI drones to purchase which can exceed 500m, good luck with your search. By rule, we don’t discuss firmware hacked such as it would violate FAA rules (even for foreign visitors to this US based site).

Reactions: BigAl07
The OP was talking about 1000m, I think the other gentleman either mistyped or was confused from other posts.

I feel the answer should be so much simpler:

No, there are no DJI drones to purchase which can exceed 500m, good luck with your search. By rule, we don’t discuss firmware hacked such as it would violate FAA rules (even for foreign visitors to this US based site).
This is a US based site? I thought it was international.

Reactions: Le Pest
This is a US based site? I thought it was international.

It's a US owned website but we have an International membership base.

Reactions: Drestin Black
The maximum height for the Tello is 30 meters. It will never fly above that. The limiter remover is from 10 meters to 30 meters. As for reaching 1000 meters, even if your country doesnt have any laws for drones, it would be a dumb idea to fly so high. If you hit an airplane and someone dies, you will meet the firm hand of the law and go down in history as the person who ruined drones for everyone. I am not interested in telling you what to do, but to use common sense, to keep yourself and others safe.
Sorry guys. That Wouk doesn’t be a hell of a battery to get up and back. Anyway. Not many planes flying that low.

Honestly just by what you said already have enough reason for you NOT to fly that high. You think they limit the height just because they want to punish you? No, ia because at that height actual planes fly and by simply hitting your the drone that you are flying they could crash which causes life FYI. Regulations or not flying at 1000m is dangerous, not for you but for anything that flying uo there. Even funnier is when you said you will fly in a plain field, so you must have eagle vision that can see something as little as 0.5m x 0.5m from a kilometer away, what even funnier is how many seconds do you think you have from spotting a little Cessna until it crash on your drone when you fly that drone?
Forget about regulations, you should read up more for responsible purpose, someone who read so little that didn't even finish reading the simple spec of the drone where it says the limit is 30m in height must NEVER even attempt anything higher.

Ok we need to take this thread down a notch or two. If you can't discuss and be respectful at the same time then do NOT POST at all. Insults and disrespect for other members will not be allowed.

We've cleaned up this thread some so let's not get back into the ditches again.

I think some members need to take a moment to read our Community Guidelines again (which we ALL agreed to when we joined).

Take special note of:
14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

Hy Guys,

I kind of new for drones and I only have a DJI Tello with wifi range extender, so I can fly up to 30 meters. It is awesome to look arround from up there. But I want something much higher flying device which not limited to 500m or can be modded by firmware or any way to fly all the way to 1000m or even to higher. Which would be the most recent DJI drone for that with excellent camera? If it is not in production anymore it can be used as well.
Of course I would not fly immediately to 1000m, but once I comfortable with 500meters, I do not want to buy again a different drone for higher purposes.
As far as I am aware there isn’t anywhere in the world where you can fly that high. definitely in the U.K. you are limited to 400ft. Any more is illegal. And for those of us who have to forgo the pleasures of free flight and jump through hoops in order to fly at all. Will not be too keen to see another person doing something that would bring the authorities down on our heads AGAIN.

You fly to the Altitude, you describe, and I can almost guarantee you will never see your drone again unless you have a tracking device on it. Winds aloft can be tricky and powerful. I ran into this problem flying at just under 400' when my Phantom 3 got caught in an updraft. It climbed to just over 1,000' and then right back down to 450 due to a downdraft'. On the ground the wind was maybe all of 3 mph. I couldn't see it, however I had a Trackimo on the drone so I knew where it landed once the battery was spent. It had traveled over 5 miles. The altitude & distance flown were because of "winds aloft" that I could not foresee.

wind speed normally increases by 5~15 knots per 300M, At 1000m, the wind speed is at least 17-50 knots(20~58mph), the chance of the quad blown away by wind is very likely.

Sorry guys. That Wouk doesn’t be a hell of a battery to get up and back. Anyway. Not many planes flying that low.
I believe you mistook meters from feet. 1,000m = to 3,280 feet. Where I live I constantly see planes at a lower altitude and I don't live near any airport.

Hy Guys,

I kind of new for drones and I only have a DJI Tello with wifi range extender, so I can fly up to 30 meters. It is awesome to look arround from up there. But I want something much higher flying device which not limited to 500m or can be modded by firmware or any way to fly all the way to 1000m or even to higher. Which would be the most recent DJI drone for that with excellent camera? If it is not in production anymore it can be used as well.
Of course I would not fly immediately to 1000m, but once I comfortable with 500meters, I do not want to buy again a different drone for higher purposes.

You'd be better off studying how to survive in jail, if you were to cause an aircraft crash or have the rest of the legitimate droning community stay angry with you when you've caused conscientious uses to lose more of their freedom because of stupidity!

Where are you (country)??

Hard to find many land masses on the planet close to civilisation where aircraft might not fly.

Btw- nobody here is attacking you personally, we are concerned about the hobby generally.
Amen.

my country does not regulate drones yet

...MY country (& I assume most others) doesn't regulate common-sense either, but sadly people just assume adults should automatically possess it.

Flying at real high altitudes will get boring very quickly, you will find that it is a lot more fun to be closer to the ground and the terrain... Unless you're doing some sort of mapping of some kind.

Reactions: smackc4
Flying at real high altitudes will get boring very quickly, you will find that it is a lot more fun to be closer to the ground and the terrain... Unless you're doing some sort of mapping of some kind.
...Unless one is a 'flat-Earther', trying to disprove science! hahahha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor