Advice to buy a DJI drone for 1000m high or higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hy Guys,

I kind of new for drones and I only have a DJI Tello with wifi range extender, so I can fly up to 30 meters. It is awesome to look arround from up there. But I want something much higher flying device which not limited to 500m or can be modded by firmware or any way to fly all the way to 1000m or even to higher. Which would be the most recent DJI drone for that with excellent camera? If it is not in production anymore it can be used as well.
Of course I would not fly immediately to 1000m, but once I comfortable with 500meters, I do not want to buy again a different drone for higher purposes.

Reactions: thegeekunderground
Hy Guys,

I kind of new for drones and I only have a DJI Tello with wifi range extender, so I can fly up to 30 meters. It is awesome to look arround from up there. But I want somethAs aing much higher flying device which not limited to 500m or can be modded by firmware or any way to fly all the way to 1000m or even to higher. Which would be the most recent DJI drone for that with excellent camera? If it is not in production anymore it can be used as well.
Of course I would not fly immediately to 1000m, but once I comfortable with 500meters, I do not want to buy again a different drone for higher purposes.
1000 meters is about 3,000 feet here in the US. Flights above 400 feet (around 1200 meters) are considered unsafe and as such are generally not permitted.

I would recommend studying up on your local guidelines for safe flights before making a final decision. For what I need from a drone, the DJI Phantom 3 Standard is a perfect fit.

You can achieve this with most DJI models and very little effort. Don’t expect anyone to tell you how- simply because any of us interested in not having the hobby legislated out of existence hope that people won’t do things that put their toys in the way of manned aircraft.

I dont understand how people can be so nerd flying drons where airplains are moving, obviously I would do just in clear terrain. Additionally I m not from the USA and my country does not regulate drones yet.
That is probably I could not figure out and don’t know whom to ask. I cannot even get my Tello higher than 30 meters, even with a purchased app that should clear the limit.

I dont understand how people can be so nerd flying drons where airplains are moving, obviously I would do just in clear terrain. Additionally I m not from the USA and my country does not regulate drones yet.
That is probably I could not figure out and don’t know whom to ask. I cannot even get my Tello higher than 30 meters, even with a purchased app that should clear the limit.
The maximum height for the Tello is 30 meters. It will never fly above that. The limiter remover is from 10 meters to 30 meters. As for reaching 1000 meters, even if your country doesnt have any laws for drones, it would be a dumb idea to fly so high. If you hit an airplane and someone dies, you will meet the firm hand of the law and go down in history as the person who ruined drones for everyone. I am not interested in telling you what to do, but to use common sense, to keep yourself and others safe.

Reactions: smackc4
Have a look to this topic:

P3SE: fly at a maximum height of 2000 meters.

Reactions: Gregg Kielma
Thank you for the comments. My country is Hungary, checking regulations which is linked above, I do not find any high altitude limitation.
Are the airplains flying close to 10.000 meters, or? Expect around Budapest, but I live far from the capital. Or more real problem when the airplain is fall of for some reason and hit somebody? But I guess that would be dangerous already from few meters.

Thank you for the comments. My country is Hungary, checking regulations which is linked above, I do not find any high altitude limitation.
Are the airplains flying close to 10.000 meters, or? Expect around Budapest, but I live far from the capital. Or more real problem when the airplain is fall of for some reason and hit somebody? But I guess that would be dangerous already from few meters.
From May 2019, the new European rules will also apply to Hungary. And that means, among other things, a maximum height of 120 meters.

Hy Guys,

I kind of new for drones and I only have a DJI Tello with wifi range extender, so I can fly up to 30 meters. It is awesome to look arround from up there. But I want something much higher flying device which not limited to 500m or can be modded by firmware or any way to fly all the way to 1000m or even to higher. Which would be the most recent DJI drone for that with excellent camera? If it is not in production anymore it can be used as well.

Really why do you want to go where you can’t see your drone. Btw planes(jet) cruise at or around 28000’ if you’re unfortunate enough to live in the N S flight path you really should heed decent advice. The FAA doesn’t count. Helicopters often fly much lower because of the air density as well as small planes, common sense my friend.

Manned aircraft all across the world follow similar rules all the advice given you is rock solid I’ll just add one more thought, pictures above 120 meters begin to lose their impact. So learn the rules of airspace and you will stay out of trouble. For example think of air space as an upside down layered cake the closer to the airport the lower you must stay the farther away you then may fly higher but only to 120m after that is all commercial airspace. Hope that helps.
1546352199861.png

The fact that you point out that manned aircraft fly at those altitudes are even MORE reason to not fly your sUAS at those heights. It's extremely irresponsible and careless to put life and limb on the line for others just for your enjoyment.

Speaking about Hungary Drone Rules (let's assume we are leaving common sense out of the equation . . ) have a look at this for more information:

Hungary - Regulations - Drone Rules

Regulations: Hungary (HU)

You are an operator of a recreational drone

• If:
    • Not used or commercial purposes

• You must:
    • Observe basic safety obligations
    • Remain away from people and goods

• You must not:
    • Fly at night
    • Fly over private properties without the consent of the owner
    • Operate above crowds, industrial sites, urban areas and other restricted areas or impede manned aircraft
    • Fly above 100 meters
    • Endanger the life of other people

Hy Guys,

Oh ( Mod Removed )! Im sticking around for these comments, just put my popcorn in the microwave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hy Guys,

That could be dangerous not only to aircraft but the higher you go the faster the wind blows, you run a high risk for never seeing your drone again, 400 feet is plenty high to see all the areas you want, good luck

Why are you ( Mod Removed ) bent on going 3000vf. Unless you’re a geologist or biologist or work at DARPA there is no reason to do that. And I’m anti FAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart