Advice to buy a DJI drone for 1000m high or higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valid question, why would you want to fly up at 3,000 feet, for what purpose?

1000 meters is about 3,000 feet here in the US. Flights above 400 feet (around 1200 meters) are considered unsafe and as such are generally not permitted.

I would recommend studying up on your local guidelines for safe flights before making a final decision. For what I need from a drone, the DJI Phantom 3 Standard is a perfect fit.
I'm sure it was a typo, but I think you meant 400 feet is around 120 meters.

The OP was talking about 1000m, I think the other gentleman either mistyped or was confused from other posts.

I feel the answer should be so much simpler:

No, there are no DJI drones to purchase which can exceed 500m, good luck with your search. By rule, we don’t discuss firmware hacked such as it would violate FAA rules (even for foreign visitors to this US based site).
It was a mistype. I mean 500 meters. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about anyone else, but as far as the U.S. is concerned, I think 400 feet (120 meters) is very reasonable. Going beyond that for videography purposes doesn't achieve much but it certainly moves you closer to air traffic at an exponential rate. I know some people don't like the limitation but I also know others don't like having to worry about the increased danger while travelling by plane.

You guys realize the OP probably hasn't checked this thread since the initial 5 posts?

This thread has officially ran it's course. If the OP would like to add anything to it PM someone on staff here and we'll reopen it for you. Until then . . .

**THREAD CLOSED**

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart