Advice on building a new editing PC?

Recommendations on a machine without consulting the minimums to run Davinci Resolve are a crap shoot.

To the OP, consult Davinci's requirements for Video Ram and memory and double what they recommend.

That's silly. The original poster wants to edit with 4K output. I would imagine it is important to be able to see the output in the target resolution.

You have a nice machine, my windows 7 machine is close to that in memory, although it, too, is a quad core. Both my main desktops can edit 4K video and process it easy enough. And yes, it is nice working with dual monitors, however, the whole point of processing a 4K video is to see 4K video. If you haven't got the monitor, you will not know if your finished product meets your expectations, or not. Neither will you be able to enjoy it in 4K. So what would be the point of editing in time consuming 4K when 1080 is all you can see anyway?

Yes if you are going to render out 4K get a 4K monitor. It is the last thing I care about and I will tell you why. I would start with the processor, motherboard, video card and ram. They are dependent on one another. You can upgrade monitors at anytime which doesn't require a complete overhaul of the system it just requires $$$. When you reach the limits of your processor and motherboard it's over. You need a new system.. So I advise new guys to build a system that can handle the job today but also with an eye on tomorrow. It makes the upgrade more affordable. The monitor can be upgraded at any time and is totally independent of the system.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

For laptops check out what this guy recommends

Same guy's desktop setup, I am allowed dream & this vid over a year old

I don't agree with him regarding overclocking. That is something I stay away from. I would rather run cooler and slower.

I don't agree with him regarding overclocking. That is something I stay away from. I would rather run cooler and slower.

Expand, reason & why, saving for this

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl