ACTIVETRACK - Guess I'll be the Guinea Pig

I believe the OA is still in effect during Follow mode so it should detect obstacles & climb over them automatically.

Does not change elevation. I was driving up hill and had to constantly climb in elevation. Such a disappointment. Video will be up soon.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for this great video.
There is another change you need to make in settings to make the Phantom fly around the objects.
I will try it later today.
Have fun.
Claudio

Thanks for this great video.
There is another change you need to make in settings to make the Phantom fly around the objects.
I will try it later today.
Have fun.
Claudio
Thanks. I haven't had a chance to look anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for sharing! Great video. Nice to see how it works out in the wild.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I will be able to due a much more in depth video if I could capture my screen. Anyone know how to do this with an Apple device other than a capture card and laptop or PC?

I will be able to due a much more in depth video if I could capture my screen. Anyone know how to do this with an Apple device other than a capture card and laptop or PC?

Do you mean a screen shot? I think it's press the home button and power button at same time isn't it?

Combining obstacle avoidance with something like Autoflight Logic that does take in to account elevation changes of the GPS device its tracking would be really good.

Nice video by the way.

Reactions: adambfarmer

I was just able to get screen recording working using Airshou. Basically these are the steps:

1. Open Safari and go to iosem.us
2. Click on the "Download on your iDevice" link
3. Install the unsigned profile
4. Open App store and search for "shou.tv"
5. Install Shou.tv app (by Shou Ltd)
6. Open Shou.tv app and click sign up in bottom left corner
7. Sign up using email address and make up password
8. Click on new app on home screen "iOSEmus"
9. Click on the AirShou app symbol under "Newest Apps"
10. Click "Install" and follow the prompts
11. Open iPhone/iPad Settings>General> Profiles & Device Management (towards the bottom)
12. Select "Wise Technologies Co., Ltd.
13. Click "Trust..."
14. Click AirShou app on home screen
15. Click "Don't Allow" for Notifications
16. Sign in using email and password you made up in step 7
17. Click "Record"
18. Select "Landscape Home Button to Right" or whatever your preference is
19. Select resolution preference
20. Click "Next Step" and allow access to microphone
21.Swipe up from the bottom screen to open airplay options when prompted and connect to "AirShou(Whatever your iPad name is)"
22.Enable mirroring
23.Recording will start immediately, click the home button to exit the app without closing it and then select DJI Go, Do your flight, open AirShou again and click "Stop" Your recording will be available under the button in the top right corner, there you can save it to your camera roll. If you don't want audio you still have to enable the mic and you can take the audio out during editing
24. At this point you can safely delete the iOSEmus app, the Shou.tv app, as well as the iOSEmus profile but you have to leave the "Wise Technologies Co., Ltd." profile"

I have been able to record my screen on a non jailbroken iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6 plus using these steps, I take no responsibility for anything that may happen by installing unsigned profiles on your i-device.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoOne
I was just able to get screen recording working using Airshou. Basically these are the steps:

1. Open Safari and go to iosem.us
2. Click on the "Download on your iDevice" link
3. Install the unsigned profile
4. Open App store and search for "shou.tv"
5. Install Shou.tv app (by Shou Ltd)
6. Open Shou.tv app and click sign up in bottom left corner
7. Sign up using email address and make up password
8. Click on new app on home screen "iOSEmus"
9. Click on the AirShou app symbol under "Newest Apps"
10. Click "Install" and follow the prompts
11. Open iPhone/iPad Settings>General> Profiles & Device Management (towards the bottom)
12. Select "Wise Technologies Co., Ltd.
13. Click "Trust..."
14. Click AirShou app on home screen
15. Click "Don't Allow" for Notifications
16. Sign in using email and password you made up in step 7
17. Click "Record"
18. Select "Landscape Home Button to Right" or whatever your preference is
19. Select resolution preference
20. Click "Next Step" and allow access to microphone
21.Swipe up from the bottom screen to open airplay options when prompted and connect to "AirShou(Whatever your iPad name is)"
22.Enable mirroring
23.Recording will start immediately, click the home button to exit the app without closing it and then select DJI Go, Do your flight, open AirShou again and click "Stop" Your recording will be available under the button in the top right corner, there you can save it to your camera roll. If you don't want audio you still have to enable the mic and you can take the audio out during editing
24. At this point you can safely delete the iOSEmus app, the Shou.tv app, as well as the iOSEmus profile but you have to leave the "Wise Technologies Co., Ltd." profile"

I have been able to record my screen on a non jailbroken iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6 plus using these steps, I take no responsibility for anything that may happen by installing unsigned profiles on your i-device.
Thank you. That was a lot of info. I really appreciate you helping me with this.

Sorry, I realized the video is titled rainbow canyon and you even mentioned it in the beginning. It was late when I was watching it and I also scrubbed forward a bit because I was pretty tired. How fast were you moving? I heard it's max follow speed is about 22 mph.

I was not able to get this working. On step 23, it's unable to connect via AirPlay. It just switches back to iPhone in the AirPlay options when I try to select Airshou(soandso's iPhone). Any ideas?

I was not able to get this working. On step 23, it's unable to connect via AirPlay. It just switches back to iPhone in the AirPlay options when I try to select Airshou(soandso's iPhone). Any ideas?
maybe try rebooting the iPhone

Sorry, I realized the video is titled rainbow canyon and you even mentioned it in the beginning. It was late when I was watching it and I also scrubbed forward a bit because I was pretty tired. How fast were you moving? I heard it's max follow speed is about 22 mph.
I was only going about 8-10mph. I figured out how to change the settings. I'm going to do some more with it this weekend. I'm gonna try different angle and see what the max speed is.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart