ACTIVETRACK - Guess I'll be the Guinea Pig

Reaction score
When my battery is done charging I will be doing an Activetrack following my truck down the road shown in this pic. I will post the video, bad or good, here. Hopefully good.
eb926e90ce1c32cd0b08d6db865fccc0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Tron_X
Beware, Active track doesn't alter elevation. If your truck gains or decreased in elevation, the P4 stays at the same elevation. However CA will be enabled, so hopefully you won't hit anything. Can you test that too? :rolleyes:

Rainbow canyon outside Barstow, CA. I posted a few more in the P4 pic and video thread.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Beware, Active track doesn't alter elevation. If your truck gains or decreased in elevation, the P4 stays at the same elevation. However CA will be enabled, so hopefully you won't hit anything. Can you test that too? :rolleyes:
Thanks. I plan on riding in the back of the truck with the RC just in case I need to alter elevation or abort. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

...I will be doing an Activetrack following my truck down the road shown in this pic. I will post the video, bad or good, here. Hopefully good.

Beautiful place, thanks for sharing... and looking forward to seeing the vid!

If you're curious to see activetrack work without flying you can set your P4 on a table and go through all the menus to enable it. It works surprisingly well and it's pretty cool seeing the track in action.

So much for it following me on a downhill single track on my mountain bike. I can always get someone else to pilot it. I'll attempt this weekend and see what happens

That's exactly what I was hoping to use it for. Curious to see how it goes.

It would be nice if it was on a virtual tether and would maintained altitude & distance away from the target. For example, maintaining 5m away and 5m above target.

It would be nice if it was on a virtual tether and would maintained altitude & distance away from the target. For example, maintaining 5m away and 5m above target.
To do that you would need something on the target telling the craft what it's elevation is.

I believe Autopilot with Air Space does this using a phone with the airspace app planted on the target.

However it's going to be a while before autopilot will run on P4.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthcountySD
To do that it would need something on the target telling the craft what it's elevation is.

I kinda was hoping the proximity sensors could measure that...I guess we'll all find out soon.

Does not change elevation. I was driving up hill and had to constantly climb in elevation. Such a disappointment. Video will be up soon.

Reactions: curiosity
Good news is that I didn't run into anything. It stopped when it got to close to something and it stopped when it lost visual.

Reactions: curiosity

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik