ACTIVETRACK - Guess I'll be the Guinea Pig

Awesome, thanks! So far this feature is working pretty well and I'm sure it will only get better with some tweaking and software updates.

Check inspire pilots link below on airshou, its back up. Download link provided
Shou.TV screen recorder/broadcaster is back
What iOS version are you guys on? I'm on iOS 9.2.1 and still cannot get it to work. I tried downloading Airshou from 3 different places now. I'm able to launch Airshou and click record. However, the AirPlay function crashes on my iPhone 5c when I try to launch it. It's a work phone and my only idevice until I buy the new iPad Air/Pro when it comes out next week. Has anyone else been able to make this work on iOS 9.2.1?

Is there a way to lock onto a target and as it's moving the phantom 4 will orbit around the moving target?
Yes, just hold the right stick in whatever direction you want to orbit. I'm amazed that all these people are testing out ActiveTrack and just using it to follow. I've upgraded from an Inspire to the Phantom 4 and ActiveTrack is just as awesome as Focus Mode on AutoPilot, select a tarred and then wherever you fly the camera remains pointed at the subject.
My maiden flight today I took my Evolve electric skateboard then had the Phantom 4 orbit around me as I moved. I found the limitations on speed and movement but it's very fun and impressive technology.

Reactions: Kman
What iOS version are you guys on? I'm on iOS 9.2.1 and still cannot get it to work. I tried downloading Airshou from 3 different places now. I'm able to launch Airshou and click record. However, the AirPlay function crashes on my iPhone 5c when I try to launch it. It's a work phone and my only idevice until I buy the new iPad Air/Pro when it comes out next week. Has anyone else been able to make this work on iOS 9.2.1?
both of my devices are on 9.2.1, perhaps you are low on memory or processing power. Try closing all apps and make sure you have a few Gigabyte's of memory available.

Ok. Sorry I'm posting this late, but I suck at videos and it took me forever to edit this.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Adam, great video and it will help the rest of us. Great idea to be riding in back of truck so that you could monitor this potentially perilous mission. What a perfect place to try this out. Can you tell me what you are using for a tablet?

Yes, just hold the right stick in whatever direction you want to orbit. I'm amazed that all these people are testing out ActiveTrack and just using it to follow. I've upgraded from an Inspire to the Phantom 4 and ActiveTrack is just as awesome as Focus Mode on AutoPilot, select a tarred and then wherever you fly the camera remains pointed at the subject.
My maiden flight today I took my Evolve electric skateboard then had the Phantom 4 orbit around me as I moved. I found the limitations on speed and movement but it's very fun and impressive technology.
Wow that is great! any chance you might post a video of the orbit while in AC?

Adam, great video and it will help the rest of us. Great idea to be riding in back of truck so that you could monitor this potentially perilous mission. What a perfect place to try this out. Can you tell me what you are using for a tablet?
I'm using an IPad Air 2. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It works on my iPhone 6s Plus. But not on my iPad air2.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So much for it following me on a downhill single track on my mountain bike. I can always get someone else to pilot it. I'll attempt this weekend and see what happens
Active track is a 2 man operation. If you are going downhill you will have to go back to the top to collect your copter because that is the RTH position. In any event it doesn't control elevation so really it is a very limited feature.

So much for it following me on a downhill single track on my mountain bike. I can always get someone else to pilot it. I'll attempt this weekend and see what happens

That's the dream... have your P4 follow you on trails. Something to be aware of is the OA (supposively) can't see small branches. Let us know how it goes!! I'd love to see the footage.

I was just able to get screen recording working using Airshou. Basically these are the steps:

1. Open Safari and go to iosem.us
2. Click on the "Download on your iDevice" link
3. Install the unsigned profile
4. Open App store and search for "shou.tv"
5. Install Shou.tv app (by Shou Ltd)
6. Open Shou.tv app and click sign up in bottom left corner
7. Sign up using email address and make up password
8. Click on new app on home screen "iOSEmus"
9. Click on the AirShou app symbol under "Newest Apps"
10. Click "Install" and follow the prompts
11. Open iPhone/iPad Settings>General> Profiles & Device Management (towards the bottom)
12. Select "Wise Technologies Co., Ltd.
13. Click "Trust..."
14. Click AirShou app on home screen
15. Click "Don't Allow" for Notifications
16. Sign in using email and password you made up in step 7
17. Click "Record"
18. Select "Landscape Home Button to Right" or whatever your preference is
19. Select resolution preference
20. Click "Next Step" and allow access to microphone
21.Swipe up from the bottom screen to open airplay options when prompted and connect to "AirShou(Whatever your iPad name is)"
22.Enable mirroring
23.Recording will start immediately, click the home button to exit the app without closing it and then select DJI Go, Do your flight, open AirShou again and click "Stop" Your recording will be available under the button in the top right corner, there you can save it to your camera roll. If you don't want audio you still have to enable the mic and you can take the audio out during editing
24. At this point you can safely delete the iOSEmus app, the Shou.tv app, as well as the iOSEmus profile but you have to leave the "Wise Technologies Co., Ltd." profile"

I have been able to record my screen on a non jailbroken iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6 plus using these steps, I take no responsibility for anything that may happen by installing unsigned profiles on your i-device.
Can't find shou.tv app only live game streaming app

I was just able to get screen recording working using Airshou. Basically these are the steps:

1. Open Safari and go to iosem.us
2. Click on the "Download on your iDevice" link
3. Install the unsigned profile
4. Open App store and search for "shou.tv"
5. Install Shou.tv app (by Shou Ltd)
6. Open Shou.tv app and click sign up in bottom left corner
7. Sign up using email address and make up password
8. Click on new app on home screen "iOSEmus"
9. Click on the AirShou app symbol under "Newest Apps"
10. Click "Install" and follow the prompts
11. Open iPhone/iPad Settings>General> Profiles & Device Management (towards the bottom)
12. Select "Wise Technologies Co., Ltd.
13. Click "Trust..."
14. Click AirShou app on home screen
15. Click "Don't Allow" for Notifications
16. Sign in using email and password you made up in step 7
17. Click "Record"
18. Select "Landscape Home Button to Right" or whatever your preference is
19. Select resolution preference
20. Click "Next Step" and allow access to microphone
21.Swipe up from the bottom screen to open airplay options when prompted and connect to "AirShou(Whatever your iPad name is)"
22.Enable mirroring
23.Recording will start immediately, click the home button to exit the app without closing it and then select DJI Go, Do your flight, open AirShou again and click "Stop" Your recording will be available under the button in the top right corner, there you can save it to your camera roll. If you don't want audio you still have to enable the mic and you can take the audio out during editing
24. At this point you can safely delete the iOSEmus app, the Shou.tv app, as well as the iOSEmus profile but you have to leave the "Wise Technologies Co., Ltd." profile"

I have been able to record my screen on a non jailbroken iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6 plus using these steps, I take no responsibility for anything that may happen by installing unsigned profiles on your i-device.
after delegating the apps the Wise Tech profile was gone. Also how do I record again without the app and my AirPlay is gone. Any advise? Thank you so much

I tried ActiveTrack a few days ago and the Phantom was making erratic evasive manuvers, I didn't know what it was doing but on the App screen it said it was avoiding obstacles but there were not any to avoid.

Anyone else have their Phantom avoiding 'phantom' obstacles?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl