Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Active Braking Fear

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Liamus27, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Liamus27

Confession - Active braking scares the life out of me! I know I can tone it down but I just wanted to understand if my fear is irrational. I can't really pinpoint why it worries me, probably the aggressiveness of it. I makes sure my props are tight before flight of course but wondered if there were any other considerations.

2. Baldo81

I lowered the active braking to stress less the shell and usually I flight in Atti mode that's more gentle than the GPS mode

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

You could also just ease off of the throttle as your Phantom is coming to a stop. Both will give you the same result.

4. Mark The Droner

That may be one of the reasons the P4s no longer use the so-called self-tightening props. I can't imagine the P4 would have the stress crack problem that the P3s had. Time will tell.

5. Liamus27

This is what I try to do but it feels like the middle of the sticks aren't very sensitive - I believe I need to change the attitude adjustment to make it more sesnitive

6. Liamus27

Sorry that should have been a question....Do I need to change the attitude adjustment to make it more sensitive