Activation Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On the DJI GO 4 App, I got the following and then today an e-mail from DJI. (Next post)

upload_2017-5-22_11-34-17.png

Then I got a similar message via mail: (bold is my emphasis). I interpret this to mean that if you update the app w/o "re-registering" then the limit will kick in.

DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of this week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

The feature applies to all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware or when using future versions of the DJI GO and GO 4 apps.

DJI encourages pilots to always follow applicable laws and regulations in the countries where they operate, and provides information about these regulations on its FlySafe website at flysafe.dji.com.

I also got the email. Another excuse to not upgrade. My P3S is over a year old, original firmware, works great. No flight restrictions if you don't update DJIGO. I just don't understand the purpose of all of this. Anybody have a clue what this is all about?

Reactions: Apilot101
I logged on to check updates and got the same message.... Wonder if this is for outside US customers only... Being that it said for new application activation process for International customers...

I logged on to check updates and got the same message.... Wonder if this is for outside US customers only... Being that it said for new application activation process for International customers...

The whole world is international.

Reactions: VSR
DJI is not US based. When they say international, they mean anywhere that isn't China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan