A question about batteries

Reaction score
I have 14 flights on my Phantom P3s. The original battery has flown all those flights. I received two Dji batteries in the mail today. When I charged them I realized how solid and tight the battery connection is on the new batteries. My original battery is very loose. I am concerned that the original battery having loose feeling terminals could cause a loss of connection during flight. My question is how loose should the connections feel.

The battery does not rely on the terminal connections to stay in ... it has locking from the case... so as long as you feel it click into place and you give it a tug to make sure ... should be fine.

Nigel

Emptypockets is concerned with the electrical contact between the battery and the drone "connector" rather than the mechanical connection that holds the battery in place in the drone. Looking at the charging plug, the main thing that makes it feel tight or loose is the plastic housing surrounding the connector blades rather than the actually blades where they push into the socket.............. maybe the moulding has changed slightly with the newer batch of batteries? Shouldn't be a problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl