Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

a little gimbal help please?

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by chuddly, Jun 17, 2014.

1. chuddly

I put a gimbal i bought from a guy on my phantom (1.1.1) and cant get the pitch control to work on it. I dont know even what kind of gimbal it is because the previous owner didnt know. I hooked it up following this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeE-ZOH9seg
    In the video he says use only 1 wire. I have seen others that say use all 3. I am at a loss on it and would love it if someone could identify my gimbal (pictures below) and point me in the right direction on what i need to do. Thanks in advance guys!

Attached Files:

2. DKDarkness

Could you set the gimbal down on the table and the camera also, and take a picture where one can make out the writing on the controller board? That would be very helpful in finding a solution.

3. chuddly

I will do that when i get home later tonight...Your talking about where the motor wiring meets the control board correct?

4. dragonash

looks like one of the older goodluckbuy gimbals.
    As for using one wire, just use all 3.

Someone else had a similar problem with a different gimbal and using all 3 wires seemed to fix it.
    Also, enable the gimbal in the naza assistant and adjust the x1 channel

5. chuddly

I will try the all 3 wire set up. I already did the NAZA software stuff (both enable and the calibration for that switch). Thanks again guys! I will report back what i find.

6. EMCSQUAR

When connecting to X1 on NAZA - pin configuration = top is neg, middle is positive, bottom is signal/control

7. chuddly

no luck guys.....hooked up the 3 wires and still nothing. the gimbal works and takes any movement out....but the pitch control still doesn't work. Any other ideas? is there any software that I can hook it into a computer and check it out?

8. DKDarkness

Remove the 4 nylon nuts and look on the other side of the board. There should be something called RX_PITCH. Connect the orange wire from your P2V (or control wire from your phantom) to the pin that is NOT marked GND or +5V. If it hasn't a pin connector, maybe the previous owner couldn't make it work either, and sold it to you?

9. dragonash

If it is a goodluckbuy gimbal, then it probably uses basecam as the software to configure it
    http://www.basecamelectronics.com/

10. chuddly

Help!!! I made it worse lol. I found that I needed gui 2.2 and then I could connect. Then when trying to get the pitch control to work I ended up making it worse. None of the pitch works right. It goes all the way up if it's that side of center and all the way down if it's that side of center. I m not positive roll works right either. Anyone have the settings I need to put everything at?

11. chuddly

If someone is using the same set up you can save the profile then if you could send that to me that would be GREAT!!!!

12. chuddly

yeah its a cheap one...but it should still work. Well it did work anyway LOL. I just wanted to get the pictch control to work was all. But thanks for the useless comment and not only not helping but also bashing something. :D

13. dragonash

well, he did answer your first post.

next time, dont get a "useless" gimbal :lol:

14. chuddly

Agreed (on the next time statement). But im in the boat im in now so im looking for help to use the one have currently

15. chuddly

Is the Tarot gimbal any good? If i cant get this one to work i was looking at that one.

16. dragonash

I dont know myself as I've never bought that one.
    But a lot of people rave about the GL-2X and I've ordered one myself.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

Normally you would have to buy it from China. But there seems to be a guy selling it from the states. So if you buy it today, you might even get it before mine arrives! lol

17. DKDarkness

I *think* I have the exact same gimbal and had the same problem, and found a solution to the problem. But since you can't be bothered to upload a decent picture like I asked you, I can't help you with your problem.

18. Hspain16

I had the exact same problems you did with the pitch,and then it started the twitching and all that good stuff.i just sent it back and got my $ back,so hope you have better luck than i did.