A big 'Hi there' from London UK'd

Reaction score
Hi guys....

Long time lurker and have learnt loads off this forum over time.
Have a predicament so I thought I'd finally just sign up and ask.

I bought a P2 back in 2014 but due to wedding plans and multiple house moves, it ended up in storage (still sealed and unused). The bug for trying my hand with multirotors has bitten again so I've pulled out my old new P2 unit.

My question to you guys is.... should I (a) finally open up the P2 and get it airborne or (b) sell it on and buy something a little newer. I love the look and spec of the Mavic Pro but don't want to drop that much on a new unit straight away.
Any advise or suggestions? Along with the P2 I bought a couple of extra LiPos, a charger, some propeller blades and some blade guards. I also own a couple of GoPros and some Sony Action cams but never got round to buying a gimbal to attach the cam to the P2.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions....

Luther

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

It's really up to you. The batteries are all going to be dead, so you'll need to replace them if you decide to keep it.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Hi mate. Also from London. Got a few of us meeting up next week for a flight. Maybe Hyde park or Greenwich. Give us a shout if your up to that [emoji4]

Hi mate. Also from London. Got a few of us meeting up next week for a flight. Maybe Hyde park or Greenwich. Give us a shout if your up to that [emoji4]
Hyde Park and Greenwich? Neon, don't even think about it mate. Drones have been banned in all Royal Parks for two years except for one area called "The Flying Field" in Richmond. And yes, they have enforced it. There's always heavy police presence in these parks so you'll get spotted, arrested and face upto a £1000 fine too.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hi guys....

Long time lurker and have learnt loads off this forum over time.
Have a predicament so I thought I'd finally just sign up and ask.

I bought a P2 back in 2014 but due to wedding plans and multiple house moves, it ended up in storage (still sealed and unused). The bug for trying my hand with multirotors has bitten again so I've pulled out my old new P2 unit.

My question to you guys is.... should I (a) finally open up the P2 and get it airborne or (b) sell it on and buy something a little newer. I love the look and spec of the Mavic Pro but don't want to drop that much on a new unit straight away.
Any advise or suggestions? Along with the P2 I bought a couple of extra LiPos, a charger, some propeller blades and some blade guards. I also own a couple of GoPros and some Sony Action cams but never got round to buying a gimbal to attach the cam to the P2.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions....

Luther
Welcome Luther...

Hyde Park and Greenwich? Neon, don't even think about it mate. Drones have been banned in all Royal Parks for two years except for one area called "The Flying Field" in Richmond. And yes, they have enforced it. There's always heavy police presence in these parks so you'll get spotted, arrested and face upto a £1000 fine too.
I had a feeling that might be the case [emoji31] what area do you fly? Be nice to hook up

Where do you usually fly? Would like to get a group going. Have about 3 so far that's interested in meeting up [emoji4]

I don't at the moment... I'm based half the time in West London and the other half in Bedford.
Once I decide what to do I should hopefully be up and running by the end of the month so some hands on experience from you guys would be great.

I don't at the moment... I'm based half the time in West London and the other half in Bedford.
Once I decide what to do I should hopefully be up and running by the end of the month so some hands on experience from you guys would be great.
That would be awesome. And I'm more then happy to teach you and the others on how to ride the electric unicycle. These things are the nuts and certainly make getting around to fly a lot easier and more fun... Esp after a few beers lol
1488714534112.jpg

Reactions: Phil56
So.... update on my dilemma.

Finally dug out my box of toys and realised that what I have here is an original Phantom 1 unit (p330) with a fixed mount for a gopro.
Is there any value to this for resale or should I just rip open the box and set it up?

Last edited:
Hey guys! New to the forum too I'm from down the road in Birmingham but wouldn't mind arranging a meet in Greenwich or anywhere else we can get some nice footage of London :)

Hey guys! New to the forum too I'm from down the road in Birmingham but wouldn't mind arranging a meet in Greenwich or anywhere else we can get some nice footage of London :)
Welcome to the forum.
As I said earlier on this thread, it's illegal to fly in the Royal Parks (which includes Greenwich Park) and in any event, it's also a NFZ due to LCA and the inbound flights into LHR.

Bromley is fine tho and if anyone is up for that next week.... [emoji4]

I'm up for that Neon! Making a trip to London next week to pick up kit so would be awesome to plan a flight!

Can you get good views of the city from Bromley?

Def hook up. [emoji16] I'm about 15 miles from London but it's just one train away. These are the views I'm getting at the mo
1489113342727.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl