3rd party battery.... Good or bad

Reaction score
So I have been debating for a few days now.... To get a 3rd party battery. I can't afford a new one and I know there is a risk of problems (hence why I will only fly it with an empty field with no people or cars) but the reason why I went for this is not because it's half price, not because of the good reviews (their was only one bad review on the site) but because of dji stories I read on here of phantom failing and loss of voltage on the official batteries. So if the official ones can run Into problems then I might as well go for this. I understand 100% that if anything goes wrong then DJI won't honour the warranty. But then anything could happen... I could have a pilot error and crash, pigeon may fly into it, etc..... And even tho I did check the forums their hasn't been any recent posts regarding this. I did check and the battery does work with the latest update. Any feedback would be good. I'm not after feedback like "oh man your stupid, just Save up and buy the official ones" I'm after feedback from people who have had in the past or are using 3rd party batteries. So without sounding stuck up I'm really after comments from people that owned, own or knows someone personally who has or had a 3rd party battery. Cheers guys and keep up the good work. I havent been on Facebook for nearly a month now since I found this site and got into a new hobby lol
089e2449ff31fcb27d9503ff9bbfacd6.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've been using a 3rd party battery (similar to the one above)for a couple of months now and can find no difference in performance compared to the original one.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I've been using a 3rd party battery (similar to the one above)for a couple of months now and can find no difference in performance compared to the original one.
That is fantastic. Really good start to hear. Did it accept all the firmware updates so far?

I debated about getting a 3rd party battery the past couple of days but decided on getting OEM. You can get them on Amazon or ebay for alot less than DJI. Got mine on Ebay for $75. The seller was parting out his P3A. I saw some OEM for $80-$100. Also 3rd parties for $70-$90.

My concern is the firmware. What if DJI releases a firmware newer than whats currently out. Then what?

Reactions: Neon Euc
I debated about getting a 3rd party battery the past couple of days but decided on getting OEM. You can get them on Amazon or ebay for alot less than DJI. Got mine on Ebay for $75. The seller was parting out his P3A. I saw some OEM for $80-$100. Also 3rd parties for $70-$90.

My concern is the firmware. What if DJI releases a firmware newer than whats currently out. Then what?
Personally I wouldn't see firmware an issue as for me personally I am more then happy with the height and distance so I wouldn't update. If I did update I will just roll back to the previous firmware. I was also thinking that a lot of people also mod their controllers. I mean.... The remote control is more then the battery and yet people rip them open, install a 3rd party antenna which is usually same price as a 3rd party battery and 90% of the time have no problems as it usually works the same with some...if not more improvement. I did go ahead with the order and will happily do a product YouTube review to post on here as soon as I test it when it arrives [emoji4][emoji4]

Reactions: tommy_drone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl