3 rotors not working

Reaction score
No crash, I turned on the Phantom and 1 of the rotors was not working. Took it to my neighbor who has a couple Phantoms and he cleaned out rotor with compressed air and it worked on the counter. put everything back together and put it on the ground to fly and 3 rotors were out. The one working rotor has the light flashing and the three not working do not have the lights flashing. Can anyone suggest anything? Thank you very much.

Tony

Open up the phantom and check the ESC solders.. also check the cable coming out from each ESC if it is solid connected to the Naza controller...
This seems to be one of both situation.

Thank you for your help. All ESC solders are good. and all connections are good. Could the ESCs be bad?

CunningStuntFlyer said:
TechJunkieRC said:
CunningStuntFlyer said:
Ever use prop guards?

I haven't read this anywhere but can using the factory prop guards cause problems?

If you take them off and use the longer screws instead of the stock screws then yes, they can cause problems.

To follow CSFs comment - when you install prop guards you must use longer screws provided. Most people when they remove prop guards they just re-use the longer screws - which is VERY BAD. The longer screws when used without prop guards extend into motors and short them out. Once that happens - they're TOAST. Time to replace motors. In the instructions of the prop guards & it' s in LARGE RED PRINT - Warning use of long screws...

I am using the prop guards. I did take them off and I may have run those screws (the long ones,) all the way in. I will pick up some new motors and see what I come up with. Thank you very much for you help guys I really appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart