3.08 firmware and issues?

Reaction score
Ever since the new 3.08 firmware has been released back in December, I've seen a lot of battery issues and motors just stopping mid flight.

Question: How many of you are running 3.8? Now how many of you have had issues and how many have had NO issues?

I need to plug my phantom 2 (non-vision) in to check battery and change a few things and I'm afraid it will auto-update. Is it going to auto update if I simply plug it in?

Thanks for the help!

malibusteve70 said:
Ever since the new 3.08 firmware has been released back in December, I've seen a lot of battery issues and motors just stopping mid flight.

Question: How many of you are running 3.8? Now how many of you have had issues and how many have had NO issues?

I need to plug my phantom 2 (non-vision) in to check battery and change a few things and I'm afraid it will auto-update. Is it going to auto update if I simply plug it in?

Thanks for the help!

I have not had any issues

They introduced the RTH on low battery option. The Vision got a turn back now warning (I think). They changed the logic that induces auto-land including lowering the trigger voltage. They also changed how they calculate the battery percentage. This seems to be mostly to mask the issues around sagging battery voltage which many of us have seen. They also changed the firmware on the batteries themselves to help balance them better.

Personally, I think they saw a growing number of complaints about bad batteries and then tried to fix it through firmware. Mostly ineffectively. My two bad batteries are still bad.

What is your issue with 3.08? Almost everyone is running it. But if you don't want it to auto update, don't be online when you plug it in.

No problems for me with 3.08.

i'm upto date on everything, a few glitches getting with the latest gimbal firmware but all ok now

ianwood said:
What is your issue with 3.08? Almost everyone is running it. But if you don't want it to auto update, don't be online when you plug it in.

I have no issue other than hearing about problems from other people after updating.

Alright! Thanks for the answer!

I'm on 3.8 and so far have not seen any issues come up tho I only have had a few flying days so far. other then noticing it takes even longer to land then it did even after the last update before that. and now it also has a real slow return to home speed. were before it would try to fly back home as fast as its speed limit was and as fast as conditions would allow.

Which is not cool cause now if its some place far and battery is getting low its going to have a harder time making it back before its dead. It also really freaked me out when I used fail safe to bring it back after I lost connection at about 3800 feet away. and not even a full minute of flight then was waiting and waiting and waiting with no sign of it any were for what seemed like forever. I also most was starting to think OH NO it must of flew away or crashed then I seen it start to come in to view but moveing at a snails pace then I regained control and flew it back quick.

but i did notice last night after installing a new main board in my p2v and when I was about to up date the new board but just had it plugged in to the naza assistant for a few minuts. the bastard went and up dated its self with out me doing any thing. Even tho I was going to do it any way it sort of ticked me off that it just went and did it on its own. That would of been way uncool if I didnt want to up date it.

ianwood said:

It doesn't auto update, you have to agree to proceed update. ;)

It doesn't auto update, you have to agree to proceed update.

Thats not how it worked last night when I plugged in my new board and was doing other things. it had the thing saying there was an update and I let it sit there for a few minutes. Then the window poped up telling it it was complete and to power cycle it. It also never made the beep beep beep screeching sound to let me know it was updating.

all I did before that was to go to the tab were it shows what ver of all the firmware is for every thing. Tho I was about to do it any way. being I just installed a new main board and it was a few updates behind.

J.James said:
It doesn't auto update, you have to agree to proceed update.

Thats not how it worked last night when I plugged in my new board and was doing other things. it had the thing saying there was an update and I let it sit there for a few minutes. Then the window poped up telling it it was complete and to power cycle it. It also never made the beep beep beep screeching sound to let me know it was updating.

all I did before that was to go to the tab were it shows what ver of all the firmware is for every thing. Tho I was about to do it any way. being I just installed a new main board and it was a few updates behind.

That weird, there has always been at checkbox to agree updating (it has always downloaded but not updated) ;) Maybe something new from DJI, to minimize use of other brands of batteries (it makes them useless) :cry:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl