3.06 firmware makes me nervous

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that their Phantom is a just not as stable with new firmware? I have done 6 flights since upgrading and these are some issues I have noticed. 1) occasional change in prop speed despite not touching throttle. 2) random jerky behaviour when moving forward at speed, sort of like it wants to hesitate for a fraction of a second. 3) autoland kicks in at about 20℅ even if you are flying only 20 feet away. I always used to land at 12℅ battery before the update. Also, the bird comes down very fast once it decides to autoland, too fast in fact which caught me out from about 10 feet meaning a hard landing because I couldn't counter the decent quickly enough. Any similar experiences? Can we roll back the firmware and app to the previous version (to the pre 29th July update)? My phantom was rock solid and predictable before this update!

My experience of 3.06 has been nothing but good and the most stable since 1.08. I think your your problems are else where. ESC's maybe or internal solder joint problems. The auto go home/land is a new feature of 3.06. Any crashes or hard landings lately?

My phantom has never crashed or even had a hard landing. These issues started when I first flew after the update. A dodgy soldered joint would b a huge coincidence but not impossible I suppose. Is there any way of rolling back software?

Obviously just an issue for me. Is there a way to roll back the firmware that anyone can advise?

The next firmware upgrade will make me nervous. Mine on 3.06 has never flown better.

As others have said, its fly's very nice.

I have noticed mine has done almost like this in flight but I have landed before the auto landing feature kicked in

I have only noticed it in GPS mode(which I use for taking video) if I just fly fpv I use atti mode

pencilcoil said:
...1) occasional change in prop speed despite not touching throttle. ...
I would say this is normal. The only way the Phantom can maintain stability or maintain position in a breeze is by varying the prop speeds. If the Phantom starts tip it has to speed up the side that is headed down and slow the side that is headed up, thereby correcting back to level. Then all props come back to the nominal speed until the next disruption. So the gustier the wind the more you will hear it.
As it holds altitude there is also so inevitable prop speed adjustments as conditions change.
etc etc

Yeah... I wouldn't worry about prop speed... the Phantom is constantly going to self adjust. If your bird is holding steady, it's all good. BUT, if you're noticing that your Phantom is NOT holding steady, that's something else.

Your autoland sounds pretty normal, too. But it's easy to cancel/abort... until you reach the next battery warning level. So just keep flying until you get to the 12% that YOU'RE comfortable with. But, really, the difference between 20% and 12%, it seems like we're just talking about a couple of minutes anyway.

captej26 said:
Happy so far with 3.06. Very stable

+1... This is the most comfortable I've felt flying my P2V in many months. Nice!!! :D :D :D

-slinger

Phantom 2 PC Assistant Major New Features:

Added Japanese as a supported language.

Notes:

To upgrade main controller firmware to v3.06 or above is required.
For Phantom 2 users, be aware that aircraft will now automatically return to the Home point on Low Battery Level Warning. If you wish to disable the auto go-home feature, launch DJI Phantom Assistant, enter “Battery Settings” section and de-select the “Go-Home” option.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl