$250~3DPOWER Brushless Gimbal Mount DJI Phantom 2 Vision

it was mentioned a few pages back about the dumpers how to us foam ear plugs to cut down on the jello.
basically it was roll the up and fit inside the dumpers with not only cut down on the jello but made the more secure

gpauk said:
MonsieurAnon said:
gpauk said:
It doesn't help that the dampers on the p2v are not being used in compression. It's better if the cam is held from the top plate, and the airframe to the bottom plate so the dampers are compressed.

You just gave me an awesome idea for a 3D printed mod. Thank you very much!

:) I look forward to seeing the pictures, then!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9796

Last post. Compressed and/or hung dampeners.

Back to stock )-:

I was doing some fine tuning of the gimbal on the kitchen table.
To get some more working space underneath the gimbal I decided to put the P2V on two glasses.

Bad mistake!!!

The P2V (with gimbal attached) slipped with one leg from one of the glasses and ended upside down on the kitchen floor.
The P2V, both glasses, kitchen table and even the floor are okay..

The gimbal is not. (scroll down to see the result!)

(a bit more)

gimbal-no-more.jpg

To bad..... I really started to like this gimbal!

You still have all the expensive parts. If you do not want to buy a 3D printer and attempt to print the broken parts your self, maybe try to replace the broken parts with parts made of 2mm aluminium plate?

Email the taco dude and ask him how much for the broken pieces? Those are the lest expensive, the board is what is worth the most.

Noël said:
Back to stock )-:

To get some more working space underneath the gimbal I decided to put the P2V on two glasses.

Bad mistake!!!

The P2V (with gimbal attached) slipped with one leg from one of the glasses and ended upside down on the kitchen floor.

God I feel sorry for you, you was so close I think we all was banking on you to lead the way :(

(a bit more)

gimbal-no-more.jpg

Noël said:
Back to stock )-:

Bad mistake!!!

(a bit more)

gimbal-no-more.jpg

Such a shame....
I see a 4 pin jack on pictures. .. For the camera... where do you get this wire and plug ? Is it extender ? Did you receive with gimbal ?

The 4 pin jack came with the gimbal, and is an extender cable.

I think that the original cable going to the camera is to stiff causing the gimbal to jerk.

My gimbal came without this cable. I has to build by myself... The result is "just working",... i have to place the connector in exact position to avoid motor jumps...
I asked to taco toy to receive a cable... i hope he accept.. Good after sale test ! ;-)
I'm very happy with this gimbal.
Did you try to repair with good glue ? Give a try, nothing to loose...
Some actual glue are so efficient...

Talking about a good after sale test!

Taco-toy is sending me the new 3D printer part(s) for free!

This is what I call service :)

Noël said:
Talking about a good after sale test!

Taco-toy is sending me the new 3D printer part(s) for free!

This is what I call service :)
sWeet

Okay, so this thread is confusing me a little.

Is the jist of the whole thread that it's basically a good gimbal, if you can put up with either an external power supply, or hacking power from the P2V?

I've read of missing cables. The manufacturer is sending them to at least one person - but will the cables always be missing, and will we always have to ask for them - or order them separately?

Noël showed us his broken gimbal (sorry about that). Granted that wasn't directly the manufacturer's fault, but do you guys think it's indicative of inferior quality parts? Meaning simply that I and others have had some decent crashes that seemingly have not affected the performance of their P2V ... but maybe this gimbal isn't as sturdy?

Also - do you guys think that tacotoy (or whatever it is) will eventually make it more plug-n-play with the vision's power supply? I (and others, apparently) know absolutely nothing about soldering.

I realize this is a new product, and I'm not trying to bash the manufacturer ... I'm just a bit hesitant.

GneeChee said:
Okay, so this thread is confusing me a little.Noël showed us his broken gimbal (sorry about that). I'm just a bit hesitant.

If your following the other gimbals as well, you will see pictures of the DroneExpert broken as well as the new RotorPixal.
None fair well from impact.

Skipholiday said:
GneeChee said:
Okay, so this thread is confusing me a little.Noël showed us his broken gimbal (sorry about that). I'm just a bit hesitant.

If your following the other gimbals as well, you will see pictures of the DroneExpert broken as well as the new RotorPixal.
None fair well from impact.

You're right, of course. I have been following those threads. But the frugal part of me is trying to root for this little guy :)

I don't remember who said it, nor on which topic, but somebody here said they've had problems in the past with weak/cheap 3D printed parts. I guess that concerns me a bit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn