$250~3DPOWER Brushless Gimbal Mount DJI Phantom 2 Vision

GneeChee said:
Also, I would like more information about the fuse that Noël mentioned ... is that something I should be thinking about, too?

I've added a miniature 750mA (fast) fuse to the power lead going to the gimbal (see: http://e2b.org/9D)
It does not really need to be a miniature, and anything up to +/- 1 amp (1000mA) should do.

I'm waiting for my new 3D printed part to arrive (thank you Taco.toy), and will try to make a small video of my setup.

Noël said:
GneeChee said:
Also, I would like more information about the fuse that Noël mentioned ... is that something I should be thinking about, too?

I've added a miniature 750mA (fast) fuse to the power lead going to the gimbal (see: http://e2b.org/9D)
It does not really need to be a miniature, and anything up to +/- 1 amp (1000mA) should do.

I'm waiting for my new 3D printed part to arrive (thank you Taco.toy), and will try to make a small video of my setup.

Thanks - appreciate the info!

ok heads up I will posting the fist test flight video in heavy winds later this evening. I will also be posting the detailed instructions with pictures of installation. Stay tuned!!

rfernandez said:
ok heads up I will posting the fist test flight video in heavy winds later this evening. I will also be posting the detailed instructions with pictures of installation. Stay tuned!!

cool thanks..

My 3dpower work fine ... 21 minutes vidéo in windy conditions. Very happy about results. ... Thanks Taco.Toy.

I posted this in the motor pixie thread but I was hoping someone here might bite:

I haven't been able to get a simple question out of my head. Why do we even need an external controller? Does the stock servo used for tilt have a controller or is it controlled by the naza-m? Why can't we connect two new servos directly to the stock phantom? The assistant software has options to change tilt and pitch so it leads me to believe the hardware is already there.

The only thing that makes me think this isn't possible is if the stock servo mounted externally is more than just a servo. It's a controller as well.

SlackerATX said:
I posted this in the motor pixie thread but I was hoping someone here might bite:

I haven't been able to get a simple question out of my head. Why do we even need an external controller? Does the stock servo used for tilt have a controller or is it controlled by the naza-m? Why can't we connect two new servos directly to the stock phantom? The assistant software has options to change tilt and pitch so it leads me to believe the hardware is already there.

The only thing that makes me think this isn't possible is if the stock servo mounted externally is more than just a servo. It's a controller as well.

It is just a cheap servo. It is controlled by the NAZA-M. But the NAZA-M only knows where IT is, not where the camera is. So it assumes the position. Assumption is the mother of... Before we get into a lengthly discussion about it, why not try out your theory, and get back with your findings?

DKDarkness said:
SlackerATX said:
It is just a cheap servo. It is controlled by the NAZA-M. But the NAZA-M only knows where IT is, not where the camera is. So it assumes the position. Assumption is the mother of... Before we get into a lengthly discussion about it, why not try out your theory, and get back with your findings?

Fine then. I will. :D soon as I get my gimbal.

If the naza knows where it is and it is accurate then is should know where the tilt should be to compensate. ...we shall see.

I do not think that the stock servo is fast enough to truly control the needed "tilt" for a gimbal.

Noël said:
I do not think that the stock servo is fast enough to truly control the needed "tilt" for a gimbal.

The default gain for the tilt is 20%. Ive turned it up to 100 and it is much much more responsive. It just gets much more bouncy, but I think that is a problem with dampening. Ive got a new servo on the way and a damper so well find out.

I noticed that if I pan (yaw) say right the gimbal rolls left or vice versa if pan left the gimbal roll right not much but noticeable..
anyone have any ideas or how to correct it?

rfernandez said:
I noticed that if I pan (yaw) say right the gimbal rolls left or vice versa if pan left the gimbal roll right not much but noticeable..
anyone have any ideas or how to correct it?

perform the six position accelerometer calibration should fix the problem.

It seems that they stop selling this gimbal. Instead they start selling a plug-n-play version.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arthurbiss