$250~3DPOWER Brushless Gimbal Mount DJI Phantom 2 Vision

GneeChee said:
DKDarkness said:
This looks intersting for those who want to build a custom gimbal. http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-37/3 ... ade/Detail ?

A smidge confused here ... they label that an "upgrade" kit. Does that mean it's an upgrade to their gimbal for the FC200?

That's the way I'm interpreting it, the site description is:
TARCO.COM said:
3DPOWER Direct Power Upgrade Kit for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Brushless Gimbal - No separated battery and no soldering needed for powering up your gimbal. Enable Plug-N-Play feature for your gimbal.

So if you put these items together:
tarco.jpg

For $354 you get a plug and play, variable damper, easily assembled - "shipping now" P2V 2 Axis Brushless Gimbal. Or am I missing something?

Well, that's what it seems like to me. I guess I'm wondering why they don't just sell it all together as a complete kit.

GneeChee said:
DKDarkness said:
This looks intersting for those who want to build a custom gimbal. http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-37/3 ... ade/Detail ?

A smidge confused here ... they label that an "upgrade" kit. Does that mean it's an upgrade to their gimbal for the FC200?

I think it means this is just the piece to pull power off the 4 pole camera jack, rather than soldering the power to the main board.

SlackerATX said:
GneeChee said:
Well, that's what it seems like to me. I guess I'm wondering why they don't just sell it all together as a complete kit.
Looks like this is the complete kit.

http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-36/3 ... unt/Detail

(I think the kids are calling it the rotorpixel killer)

It does appear they have added the power Plug N Play feature, and include the adjustable dampers. :cool: However, it looks like they are still using the original camera mount, not the newer one without the velcro strap... Yes/No? :?: I believe someone here has ordered the newer mount. Wonder if it is significantly better? Any reviews from owners?? :idea:

I ordered the kit and the separate mount thinking they were different. Based on a comment from another user they are the same and the kit comes with the same mount they sell separately. At first glance they look different because the pic with the separate gimbal doesn't have the Velcro in the pic, but it does have the slits for the strap. That and sometimes they picture the mount upside down so it get confusing.

I ordered both and should be here Monday so we'll know for sure. I expect them to be the same.

Thanks for all the clarifications - though I may still be a bit confused <senior & blond - a deadly combination :mrgreen: >.

I'm a anxious to see what you actually get and how you like it. This might be what a lot of people have been waiting for.

Brew said:
SlackerATX said:
GneeChee said:
Looks like this is the complete kit.

http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-36/3 ... unt/Detail

It does appear they have added the power Plug N Play feature, and include the adjustable dampers. :cool: However, it looks like they are still using the original camera mount, not the newer one without the velcro strap... Yes/No? :?: I believe someone here has ordered the newer mount. Wonder if it is significantly better? Any reviews from owners?? :idea:
Well, with all the testing and updates Guess I will have to order one. My RP doesn't look like it will arrive for months or ????
You guys that have Taco, are you happy with the way it works?
Thanks
Allan

Pull_Up said:
SlackerATX said:
If you want all-plastic construction it's the current winner on price. Just don't drop it off your kitchen table.

PLA is brittle. I'll probably go through 5 before I'd get a rotorpixel. (And that's ok). I think the mount is plastic on the RP anyway. Busted mount and the rest of the titanium super structure precision harness isn't much use. Hopefully the phantom 3 will be all metal.

It's a paved /stone floor!

Taco has send me a new 3D part for free, and with a bit of luck it will be in this week.
I was surprised how quick the 1st gimbal arrived. Normally it takes weeks for things from China.

Taco has been very helpful, and I discussed with him about pulling the power from the camera jack.

I was (and will be again) very happy with the gimbal and the performance of it, and would order one again if I did not get the 3d part.

wklee said:
rfernandez said:
I noticed that if I pan (yaw) say right the gimbal rolls left or vice versa if pan left the gimbal roll right not much but noticeable..
anyone have any ideas or how to correct it?

perform the six position accelerometer calibration should fix the problem.

Is this video the correct six-position calibration procedure?

Has anyone who is using this gimbal done flight times yet?

Would like to see what effect on battery life it has.
It's lighter than the rotorpixel by a lot, so hopefully flight time will be significantly greater.

I have flown quite a few flights today alone I did 5 flights. and before the gimbal I was getting between 22 to 25 min, Note: I have my warnings set at 25% and 15% respectively. I have been consistently getting 18 min. flights.
I have weighted my Phantom with the new gimbal and the weight is 1310g without the CP filter, That will add another 37g which I may not use for a while till i can lighten the load. Also I would have to rebalance the gimbal for polarizer use.

For a comparison my Vision with Rotorpixel, Flytrex & cable, Lens Filter kit and CP lens (12g - i.e. cheap!) fitted comes in at 1385g and I get 17 minutes in the air running from 99% battery to 20% - obviously more if you want to push the battery harder. That's with standard AP/AV flying, not trying to break speed records or stunt flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn