Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Zenmuse H3-3D 3-axis GoPro gimbal announced

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by ElGuano, Mar 24, 2014.

1. ElGuano

2. OI Photography

And I thought I had the scoop of the day with the new props that have colored tips :(

Maybe these are indicators that other new stuff will be dropping soon.

Also looks like the 3-axis will only be 11g more than the 2-axis??

3. ElGuano

the numbers for the 2-axis seem off. That is closer to what my tarot weighs. I have a feeling it may be something with including gcu...we'll have to wait and see.

4. BALDYIAN

On the first post of the other thread from this morning regarding this Gimbal it reckons that"s the price with the P2 :?:

If you think the H3-2D should be @£400 and sells for @£230 on Ebay etc, it"ll be a while before i get one, once the prices have dropped & stabilised and by that time DJI will have a new model out....probably ;)

Ian

5. ElGuano

confirmed $959 is the price with the phantom 2 RTF. The same package with the H3-2D is $859, so it's $100 more for the third axis. That's way better than I was expecting. Assuming it's a quality part, I'd pay $300 for a zenmuse over $230 for a dys or arris...

6. jgrissom91

Dangit! I am going to need one of these. If my wife asks, they only cost $25 (USD).

7. Shrimpfarmer

This is very good news indeed. I will certainly be upgrading just as soon as we have some real world data on how reliable it is. If this works then we will have an amazing platform for rock steady twitch free video. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that Gopro now release a 4K 60fps camera in the same size format as the Hero 3. Then its going to be unstoppable.

8. anonymoususer

Great news. I will be waiting for B&H to offer RTF kits with the H3-3D

9. lgeist

OK, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but how do you control the panning axis with a DJI Controller?

10. Jbrown83

I have the original phantom v1.0 with zenmuse h3 v2. Can I upgrade to the zenmuse h3-3d using the same phantom? Will it mount properly? Would it require installing new hardware inside or just plug in from the h3 v2 power cable?

11. rilot

It was announced today. No one here will know the answers to your questions.

12. DesertFlyer53

I'm all over this! Can't wait!

13. CJ31

Hope it's not dumb because I have the same question. And won't the landing gear get in the way when you yaw if the camera stays straight? Never seen a 3 axis gimbal in operation.

14. DesertFlyer53

Anyone know the release date of this?

15. 2trickpony

I am trying to get my head round why it is better to pan the camera than to pan the P2?
    Whats the point of panning the Gopro if all you see are the P2's legs ??
    Now if you could mount it well below the P2 or use retractable landing gear then it might be worth it.

16. OI Photography

The real benefit of a 3-axis gimbal is to smooth out yaw movements from the airframe so they're not so jerky (or even evident) in the video you produce. There's many factors that can contribute to yaw-related motion in the vids beyond just how smoothly you provide stick input.

Manual control over pan and/or fixed-angle tracking are nice extras if you use it on platforms where the legs aren't an issue, but the smoothing effects are what it's best for.

17. FASTFJR

Dam……….and I just got a gimbal last week. Oh well, maybe when I move up to the F550 in 6 months

18. 2trickpony

AHAA!, ok, got it. I was so interested in the actual mnual control pan movement that I forgot it would actually smooth out the shaky P2 panning.
    Thanks!

19. DesertFlyer53

From what I gather, this gimbal will not have manual control in the yaw axis. It will just dampen (stabilize) yaw movements like the roll axis does on the 2D version now. That's fine with me though. All I want are smooth videos, which is all but impossible to get now with the 2D if there is any wind at all.

20. anonymoususer

I'm sure the end result will be very similar weather it's smoother yaw movement via manual control of the gimbal or if it smooths yaw movement via aircraft rotation. Either way i'm happy.