Zenmuse H3-3D 3-axis GoPro gimbal announced

Some dealers are posting the end of the week before they receive them. When they actually arrive remains unclear. The full manual and quick start guide are available. The connection between the P2 and the Zen is similar to the H3-2D If you have done one you should not have an issue with the 3D. Get the FPV kit and you will have no soldering.

http://www.uav-outlet.com/dji-phantom-2-quadcopter-h3-3d-gimbal-combo/
THE reason they are announcing this now, is that the NAB convention is in Las Vegas the first week or so in April. So my guess is, they will lead with this, and other yet to be announced things.
Anyone got a link to the colored tip props??? Me want!!

And Dam!! Don't they know it's Tax Time!!!???? Jeans and Rice!!! Gonna have to find a spare grand....... ;)
Would like 1 with the Futaba receiver(already have a T8J), iOSD mini, and any FPV will do....installed please :)

Anyone got any free "guest" passes to NAB in Vegas??? I got a "link" to a "free" pass, but when I applied it, it still wants me to pay $25!!!

OH...and, what is Go Pro going to announce at NAB?? Will the Go Pro 4 be the same size as the 3/3+??? Will it have "steady shot" stabilization??!!!!

So-where is the RAW footage is this thing in flight?? I just HAVE to go too NAB. I have so many questions for DJI....oh, and the Go Pro guys. Only really need to visit about half a dozen booths, maybe less-then outta there!!!

Just thought of something-this is really gonna hurt the resale market on Ph2's with H3-2D's. I see guys asking the same for that set-up, used!!! Why would I buy a 2 axis for the same price as a 3 axis??? Gonna be some bargains out there.......

I've seen the blue, red and pink tip props available at almost all the listed dealers now. Same $15/pair as the stock props.

havasuphoto said:
http://www.uav-outlet.com/dji-phantom-2-quadcopter-h3-3d-gimbal-combo/
THE reason they are announcing this now, is that the NAB convention is in Las Vegas the first week or so in April. So my guess is, they will lead with this, and other yet to be announced things.
Anyone got a link to the colored tip props??? Me want!!

And Dam!! Don't they know it's Tax Time!!!???? Jeans and Rice!!! Gonna have to find a spare grand....... ;)
Would like 1 with the Futaba receiver(already have a T8J), iOSD mini, and any FPV will do....installed please :)

Anyone got any free "guest" passes to NAB in Vegas??? I got a "link" to a "free" pass, but when I applied it, it still wants me to pay $25!!!

OH...and, what is Go Pro going to announce at NAB?? Will the Go Pro 4 be the same size as the 3/3+??? Will it have "steady shot" stabilization??!!!!

So-where is the RAW footage is this thing in flight?? I just HAVE to go too NAB. I have so many questions for DJI....oh, and the Go Pro guys. Only really need to visit about half a dozen booths, maybe less-then outta there!!!

Just thought of something-this is really gonna hurt the resale market on Ph2's with H3-2D's. I see guys asking the same for that set-up, used!!! Why would I buy a 2 axis for the same price as a 3 axis??? Gonna be some bargains out there.......

Looks like DJI is going to have a nice sized booth. I have a buddy going to the show, I asked him to take a walk over and send me some pictures

cgblack said:
Sorely tempted to hit the NAB Show! DJI has a 4200 sq. ft. booth there, bigger than GoPro's 2500 sq. ft. booth.

You can look up the booths via this URL http://www.mapyourshow.com/exhview/?showid=nab14&showexhnames=true
But, you need to go too both of them!!! I would go to Go Pro first. Because-if the Go Pro 4 has Stabilization-that's a game changer. Also, IF, the Go Pro 4 is any lighter, or different in size than the 3/3+, it won't work with the new 3rd axis gimbal, another game changer.
I'm more then "tempted" to go too the show. BUT, I have to wait til it gets closer to the actual date-just to make sure I can do the whole thing, including the 6 hour round-trip drive, in a day.

EDIT: all the "free" codes that begin with LV and the 2014 code, are no longer free. Those expired on the 21st-you can still use the code, but you will have to pay $25.
Luckily, both DJI and Go Pro are in the Center Hall-just on opposite sides of it.

It looks like the newer phantom 2's shipped from DJI after March 11th have been changed to accept the H3-3D Gimbal. Probably an easy mod to do with a dremel tool, but I think its worth noting.

Attachments

• phantom case.jpg
    phantom case.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 619
DesertFlyer53 said:
From what I gather, this gimbal will not have manual control in the yaw axis. It will just dampen (stabilize) yaw movements like the roll axis does on the 2D version now. That's fine with me though. All I want are smooth videos, which is all but impossible to get now with the 2D if there is any wind at all.

Zenmuse H3-2D + Warp Stabilizer (adobe)... It's all you need.

tawd77 said:
It looks like the newer phantom 2's shipped from DJI after March 11th have been changed to accept the H3-3D Gimbal. Probably an easy mod to do with a dremel tool, but I think its worth noting.

The new 3D gimbals will have an adaptor bracket for older P2's.

I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but; it clearly states the H3-3D is for the Go Pro 3+. Will the Go Pro 3 fit?
I know the weight difference between the 3 and the 3+ is less than a gram...I think. Just wondering on the dimensions?

Ksc said:
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-h3-3d/spec

supports both hero 3 and 3+
Right on!!
It was just one of those things I read wrong.....and it was kinda bugging me, thanks.

Interesting statistics;
H3-2D weight; 230G GCU: 22G
H3-3D weight: 168G!!! GCU; 22G
What am I missing here? How is it that the 3 axis Gimbal weighs less than the 2 axis???

ElGuano said:
That would be more accurate as 130g and not 230g.
Yea, I would have thought that too...but, I just checked the H3-2D owners manual, and it also says 230 grams. So, is this just a massive typo in their manuals and on the website?

havasuphoto said:
ElGuano said:
That would be more accurate as 130g and not 230g.
Yea, I would have thought that too...but, I just checked the H3-2D owners manual, and it also says 230 grams. So, is this just a massive typo in their manuals and on the website?

It depends on what you're measuring.

H3-2D v1 hanging weight with GoPr0: 230g
H3-2D v2 hanging weight with GoPro: 216g (v2 only from here out)
H3-2D v2 hanging weight minus gopro: 139g
H3-2D v2 installed weight minus gopro + upgrade board delta (p1 only): 149g
H3-2D v2 installed weight + upgrade board with gopro: 226g
H3-2D v2 installed minus gopro + GCU + PMU V2 (p1 only): 198.5g
H3-2D v2 installed + GCU + PMU V2 + gopro: 275.5g

Take your pick?

H3-2D v2 installed + GCU + PMU V2 + gopro: 275.5g
That's what I have now. Go Pro 3 is around 74 ish grams?
So, H3-3D, 168+20+74=262 grams. BUT, that doesn't include a PMU2....
I'm still coming up lighter with the 3 axis......gotta be missing something.....???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl