Zenmuse and go pro on slight tilt

Reaction score
Just fitted my Zenmuse H3-3D and go pro to a phantom 2 (non vision)

As you can see from the picture it doesn't sit very straight. I've tried everything I can think of, but can't get rid of this. Also when I switch the phantom on, the go pro ends up pointing down and I have to use the wheel on the remote to bring it up.

Any ideas what could be causing these little issues ?

Attachments

• 20150314_1512533.jpg
    20150314_1512533.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 551
Looks to me like to zip ties are too tight, especially the rear one.
Clip them, recalibrate imu if necessary, and fit new ones loosely.

Should solve the issue, as I had the same problem the first time. On my second attempt, I bent the zip ties a few times to make a tall square and that helped.

Try to do a hard reset on your gimbal and see if that helps.

Any bump landings?
Done an adv IMU? If not, make sure you do an Adv IMU when you immediately plug the phantom in. Make sure she has NOT been flown for an 1hr or so. Doing it immediately will prevent the MC heat warning and assures accuracy. Also do it on a surface that is levelled with the horizon.

I've done all the above, advanced calibration, factory reset the gimbal, but still tilts to one side. Nothing looks bent. Its a shame these things don't let you make a manual adjustment to the level.

reading a dew articales I see some balance their gimbals using coins. Would this help the problem ?

shabba007 said:
Just fitted my Zenmuse H3-3D and go pro to a phantom 2 (non vision)

As you can see from the picture it doesn't sit very straight. I've tried everything I can think of, but can't get rid of this.

Is it new? If so, in my opinion I'd return it for a replacement. I crashed mine and the only way I was able to return it to a level horizon was by bending the arms which I would advise you not do.

Does it get better as it flies? If so, that sounds like the problem that was fixed a couple firmware revisions ago. Is your firmware up to date?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl