Zen muse h3-3d, gopro silver 4 edition AND Fpv system??

Reaction score
Hello I'm extremely new at this awesome hobby.... So new I haven't recieved my phantom in the mail yet! But I'm trying to get set up so I have all equipment I need for the best quad experience. I think I may have already made the mistake of pairing up h3-3d gimbal and gopro 4 silver edition but That's easily fixable by downgrading back to the 3 edition but anyways if silver 4 edition is compatible can I add on a Fpv system?? I've heard u can use the gopro for this but like I said I'm a novice so I really do not want any delay with the video feed!! Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Lanahan310 said:
Hello I'm extremely new at this awesome hobby.... So new I haven't recieved my phantom in the mail yet! But I'm trying to get set up so I have all equipment I need for the best quad experience. I think I may have already made the mistake of pairing up h3-3d gimbal and gopro 4 silver edition but That's easily fixable by downgrading back to the 3 edition but anyways if silver 4 edition is compatible can I add on a Fpv system?? I've heard u can use the gopro for this but like I said I'm a novice so I really do not want any delay with the video feed!! Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

You can indeed use the GP4, you need a video transmitter such as an ImmersionRC 600mW, and a video receiver such as the Black Pearl Diversity which also doubles as monitor too.

Do a search and see, there are many options but that is what I personally use, the standard antenna's supplied are poor however, so you'll want some better ones, again, search for FPVLR, ImmersionRC etc. I have flown 2.6kM with custom antenna's, room for more but I don't need to go further.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks so much!! Is there a noticeable delay with the gp4??? I don't want to hit anything if I'm paying attention the the video and not the actual aircraft. And is it possible to switch out the monitor for goggles? Or does that require a different setup do u know?

No delay, and yes, you can use goggles :)

There really isn't a noticeable delay. The only thing I would question is the Hero4 silver. The Hero4 Silver (specwise) is pretty much a Hero 3+ Black with a built in LCD screen on the back. Unless you are planning on using it for other things, you will never be able to see the LCD on the back. As far as FPV, they all work about the same. I have seen some pretty good sales on Hero3+ since the 4 came out. I went ahead and upgraded to the Hero4 Black and love it.

Ok great! Thanks so much ya I might downgrade to gp 3+. I hear some have issues w balance and gimbal accidentally pressing settings button on the silver 4 and I don't feel good about grinding and taping pennies

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl