P2 W H3 and Gpro3 3-4 flight time on new batteries??

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I'm new here and I need help with a problem. I have a used (new to me) P2 with the Zenmuse H3 and GoPro H3 white and Immersion RC FPV setup and Flysight Black Pearl.

Here's the problem. Battery life / flight time is 3-4 minutes. The bird seems to have trouble taking off and then it only flies for a really short time. I bought two brand new batteries and still the same thing. The motors seem fine and I put on new props (no indication of much vibration). I do have crash guards on it (because I'm a newb at this) so I can understand if it's a bit overweight. Anyway does anyone have a good idea as to what to check for first. I did not notice anything getting hot. I am flying with the Gopro battery installed and did notice that the battery was dead when I started but would that cause it?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys and gals. I'm new here and I need help with a problem. I have a used (new to me) P2 with the Zenmuse H3 and GoPro H3 white and Immersion RC FPV setup and Flysight Black Pearl.

Here's the problem. Battery life / flight time is 3-4 minutes. The bird seems to have trouble taking off and then it only flies for a really short time. I bought two brand new batteries and still the same thing. The motors seem fine and I put on new props (no indication of much vibration). I do have crash guards on it (because I'm a newb at this) so I can understand if it's a bit overweight. Anyway does anyone have a good idea as to what to check for first. I did not notice anything getting hot. I am flying with the Gopro battery installed and did notice that the battery was dead when I started but would that cause it?

Thanks in advance!

If The new batteries you bought have the model #733496 those could be up to 3 1/2 years old. Newer batteries have a model # PH2. The problem you are having with short flight times is directly related to the batteries. Of course, if you are flying in extremely cold weather flight times will be reduced but not the 3 or 4 minutes you mentioned. Normal flight time with a new battery is around 15 minutes for fully loaded P2 non-vision. Check the current of those new batteries in the P2 software and all three current levels should 5200 mAh and cell voltages should be 4.1v

Reactions: VFRules
Thanks for the reply Jason.
Here are my battery stats on one of the batteries. The two new ones and the the unit that has been cycled 23 times are similar. All 4 give me 3-4 minutes before the failsafes kick in. Any other ideas?

upload_2017-12-30_20-28-39.png

Nope. That's an OEM DJI

If you have one the new batteries fully charged post a screenshot. Are you flying in cold weather?

If you have one the new batteries fully charged post a screenshot. Are you flying in cold weather?
Regrettably I do not, both were flown earlier today as well as the other OEM and I haven't recharged.

I have 5 batteries total, 2 new PowerExtra (from Amazon) two good DJI OEM (one at 23 cycles and the one at 17 as posted) and one OEM that's puffy and only good for about 2 minutes (and shows lower voltages in Assistant and I really only use for testing).

As for cold weather both the P2 and the batteries were at room temp (70 degrees) but the outside temp at flight time was 50 degrees this afternoon. Last week when I flew it was 70 degrees and the flight time was 4:06.

Thanks so much for the help!

Regrettably I do not, both were flown earlier today as well as the other OEM and I haven't recharged.

I have 5 batteries total, 2 new PowerExtra (from Amazon) two good DJI OEM (one at 23 cycles and the one at 17 as posted) and one OEM that's puffy and only good for about 2 minutes (and shows lower voltages in Assistant and I really only use for testing).

As for cold weather both the P2 and the batteries were at room temp (70 degrees) but the outside temp at flight time was 50 degrees this afternoon. Last week when I flew it was 70 degrees and the flight time was 4:06.

Thanks so much for the help!

Did you purchase the P2 used and how many batteries came with it?

Yes it was used and came with 3 batteries.

More than like the previous owner may not have stored those batteries properly which could be why the flight time is so short. Charge the rest of them and check all of them again in the software then post screenshots of all them. Also check those model numbers. The newest OEM batteries model # PH2 which were produced in late 2015

More than like the previous owner may not have stored those batteries properly which could be why the flight time is so short. Charge the rest of them and check all of them again in the software then post screenshots of all them. Also check those model numbers. The newest OEM batteries model # PH2 which were produced in late 2015

Ok, will do. I will post them up tomorrow after recharging. The one I posted earlier is a PH2 model number, the other OEM is a 7xxxxx series (posted below). I had forgotten that I didn't use those 2 today. I was kind of P'Od that the 2 new ones did the same thing the other two did the other day.

Thanks again for the help.
upload_2017-12-30_21-42-2.png

Ok, will do. I will post them up tomorrow after recharging. The one I posted earlier is a PH2 model number, the other OEM is a 7xxxxx series (posted below). I had forgotten that I didn't use those 2 today. I was kind of P'Od that the 2 new ones did the same thing the other two did the other day.

Thanks again for the help.
View attachment 92824

I've seen a lot of ads claiming their batteries are new OEM when in fact they aftermarket counterfeits using DJI's old model numbers. Personally, I do not do business with Amazon nor do I trust them. Since you have a FPV system keep a close eye on the battery performance on those batteries. When the voltage level is close to 10.8 you be close by because at 10.6v it's coming down. I also leave the critical battery box unchecked because if you happen to be under something when you reach the critical battery point you will have damage. CBL works the same way as failsafe.

I've seen a lot of ads claiming their batteries are new OEM when in fact they aftermarket counterfeits using DJI's old model numbers. Personally, I do not do business with Amazon nor do I trust them. Since you have a FPV system keep a close eye on the battery performance on those batteries. When the voltage level is close to 10.8 you be close by because at 10.6v it's coming down. I also leave the critical battery box unchecked because if you happen to be under something when you reach the critical battery point you will have damage. CBL works the same way as failsafe.

Here is the first new battery stats:

upload_2017-12-31_11-4-44.png

And the second new battery stats:

upload_2017-12-31_11-11-4.png

Check your PM I left a message.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl