Zeiss Cinemizer or Avegant Glyph

Zeiss Cinemizer or Avegant Glyph for FPV on Phantom 4 Pro?

• Total voters
@Roamer105 Please note that the BT-300 is a TOTALLY different technology/platform than the Glyphs & Cinemizers. As stated in my review & video, " I don't like the closed in feeling with my Cinemizers". With that said, I recently obtained a Connex Falcore Falcore Product page - Amimon and been using my Cinemizers while flying with it.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am receiving a set of Glyphs next week and will try them out. But I do like the idea of the BT-300, so I may decide to exchange them, but I'll give the Glyph goggles a good go first.

Let me know how you like the Glyphs...there seems to be no in between with them. Either people love them or hate them. Most complaints on Amazon were in regards to comfort, though in this thread people have noted not being able to view the entire screen properly.

Let me know how you like the Glyphs...there seems to be no in between with them. Either people love them or hate them. Most complaints on Amazon were in regards to comfort, though in this thread people have noted not being able to view the entire screen properly.

I got the Glyph goggles and a played with them for a while figuring out how to connect them to get head tracking to work. Unfortunately there is no way (at least I have not found one trying many different splitters/hubs to have both, an app connected while using the Glyph for head tracking. That is somewhat disappointing, however, after flying a few FPV missions with JUST the Glyph, using it for head tracking, I found that the pitch tracking is far to erratic/sensitive and there appears to be no way to adjust that. The GO Gimbal configuration settings for smoothness and speed do not have any effect. That aside, the video display quality is quite phenomenal even in absolute bright direct sunlight. My eyes do need reading correction on the order of +1.5 so I can't get quite the best adjustment, but even with that constraint - very good. I tried with reading glasses to correct, it sort-of works, but it takes the eyes too far away from the googles.
So, my conclusion: The Glyph goggles are a great FPV display. Very bright and clear. I wish the image was a little wider/larger: The image appears approximately like a 65" TV at 6+' distance which by all means is quite good. Head tracking works in standalone (no app), but for cinematography, forget head tracking - just way too erratic. So, my preferred configuration is the Litchi app using my iPad Mini 4 (I like the voice flight data feedback) and the Glyph as the display. For cinematography I use the RC for gimbal pitch while FPV flying (I have one configuration set to be really smooth). I can also turn on FPV on Litchi tilting the RC with the iPad mounted for "tilt-pitch" tracking. It is a little bit smoother than the Glyph head tracking but not all that much better. I do like the fact that I can easily see my iPad without removing the googles, or land the AC on visual.

I am still debating if I should return these and get the BT-300 FPV edition.

Keep in mind that the BT-300s' are a totally different concept.

I do realize that the bt-300 are a different beast and I wish I could play with them short of buying a set. I also realize the much broader spectrum of application for such glasses. I suppose the integration of the Go app into the glasses is a really nice idea, but comes with some additional issues and complexities. I have a difficult time visualizing how the video looks through semi-transparent classes and how the App-interaction with the track-pad works out. Can you really see enough detail to fly safely by FPV. I am used to fly into difficult terrain and situations relying on FPV (AC pretty much out of sight).
What experiences using the glasses for FPV can you share?
Thanks!

I do realize that the bt-300 are a different beast and I wish I could play with them short of buying a set. I also realize the much broader spectrum of application for such glasses. I suppose the integration of the Go app into the glasses is a really nice idea, but comes with some additional issues and complexities. I have a difficult time visualizing how the video looks through semi-transparent classes and how the App-interaction with the track-pad works out. Can you really see enough detail to fly safely by FPV. I am used to fly into difficult terrain and situations relying on FPV (AC pretty much out of sight).
What experiences using the glasses for FPV can you share?
Thanks!
Man its hard to describe...the view is basically semi-transparent and I found that if you eyes are focused on the GUI (Go App) then that all you see. Then focus eyes to look through app and you'll see the drone. Of course you could always just look around the glasses to view the drone. As I stated before, I've flown with my Cinemizers and the graphics were great, but I've found myself constantly lifting them from my face to view my surroundings.

I've looked through the Epson BT-300 FPV, Gylphs, and the Royole Moons.

I've read about the video lag issues with the Epsons as well as issues some have seeing the darker drones like an Inspire 2 or Mavic against the darker shield sunglasses you put over them out in daylight. I had a hard time adjusting to the touchpad too to move the small blue dot around to click on an item. Rochester Optics (?) makes corrective lenses for them so you don't have to wear glasses under them, but that runs about another $200 too.

The Gylphs have a nice screw bridge to raise and lower the lenses to the center of your eye or else they get blurry. The screen was bright, but seemed small and square for me. Might appear a tad larger than the Epson BT-300 screen at your eyes.

The Royole Moon's are about twice the width of the Gylph screen and have an immersion eye cover that can come off, but no nose bridge (Some foam pad that pinched my nose bad!) and you'll have to fiddle with the folding ratcheting part to get them centered over each eye. They have what looks like a small cellphone on the end of the cable and it is some 32GB drive that is Wi=Fi, Bluetooth, and allows you to store and play videos and photos too and run by itself on its battery for 5 hours. They have some internal image processing system running their own operating system (Moon OS). Capable of two different types of 3D: Red/Blue and Side-by-Side as each eye has its own 1080x1920 screen (Don't know how that would work on a drone though?). They have awesome sound too. I haven't plugged them into a drone though as I just tried all three of them at the b8ta.com store while in Los Angeles where you can see how they operate and feel off the iPads they are all plugged into. They were the same price as the Epson BT-300 FPV (~$800) vs. the Gylphs at $500.

Thank you for all the info. I still have the Glyphs - not parted with them yet. I may not after all. I am getting used to wearing them and yes, the screen could be bigger, but it is sure bright and very clear/sharp. Their sound is pretty darn awesome too, but of course, that is not really what I am looking for when it comes to FPV except if I am using the HDMI out from my iPhone (using the HDMI adapter cable). That works really well running the Litchi app (talking to me) and viewing the screen through the Glyphs. Unfortunately, in that configuration I don't get any head tracking (or phone-in-RC tracking). I did order a set of what looked like hard-wire USB-splitters that claim that either connector is capable of connecting to a device (not just power) and that the cable acts as a passive or active splitter hub. Only 4 bucks on Amazon so might as well try it out. If that works - the Glyphs are it for me based on what I am hearing all around.

Flew another Glyph mission this morning. I simply can't get comfortable with what I see on these goggles. While the image is bright and clear, it simply appears "too far away" and therefore makes it difficult to use FPV for actual flight control. I have been flying over 150 FPV missions with my iPhone and cheap goggles. Yes, I see pixels etc.. but the image is sufficiently immersive to use comfortably for flight control. The other part that really bothers me is the fact that the goggles have bluetooth, yet they can not be used as a bluetooth audio device. So, between a screwed up bluetooth implementation and a questionable USB implementation (unable to deal with and connect through a hub) it is quite lacking.
So, I am not even going to wait for the splitter cable to arrive as I give it very little chance that it would work anyway. I sent them back today for a refund.

Tried both the Zeiss vr and the glyphs, sent the vr back as the quality of the image and the apps data display for the glyphs are excellent. Using fpv technology to land ph4 3000 + ft away and do it precisely. That maneuver requires a clear view.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What should i get?

Glyphs or Cinmizer?

im going to use them with a Mavic - and its a bonus if i can use the goggles for movies, xbox, and much more to..

What should i get?

Glyphs or Cinmizer?

im going to use them with a Mavic - and its a bonus if i can use the goggles for movies, xbox, and much more to..

It's your choice. Cinemizer is light weight with low resolution but Glyph has high resolution and heavier.

can anyone that actually use the Cinemizers explain this to me?

when flying FPV with them, can i controll the gimbal & yaw the drone just by moving/tilting my head? (using the headtracker ofcourse)

ive head some say that this is not possible.. and that the cinemizers would only act as a "big screen", and nothing more!

Cinemizers for phantom use hdmi port only which has one way data transmission I.e. From RC hdmi port to Cinemizer. This way no signal from goggle can go back to RC to control gimbal.

Glyph uses two connections, one hdmi connection to get the output connected to in port on goggle and head movements signals are connected on the USB port of RC. That's why Glyph can achieve head tracking.

Litchi uses its app and is connected on USB port, so can inject head movement signals to RC to affect gimbal.

USB port is a bi-way port, not like hdmi port which is just one way.

Cinemizers for phantom use hdmi port only which has one way data transmission I.e. From RC hdmi port to Cinemizer. This way no signal from goggle can go back to RC to control gimbal.

Glyph uses two connections, one hdmi connection to get the output connected to in port on goggle and head movements signals are connected on the USB port of RC. That's why Glyph can achieve head tracking.

Litchi uses its app and is connected on USB port, so can inject head movement signals to RC to affect gimbal.

USB port is a bi-way port, not like hdmi port which is just one way.

okey..

so if i have the Mavic + Litchi app on my Nvidia Shield tablet that has HDMI out, could i then run Cinemizers with the headtracker - and get full function?

No that won't work.

If you use Litchi app on a device that's mounted on VR goggle then it will work.
Litchi uses device sensors to track head movements and passes on to RC using the USB port.

No that won't work.

If you use Litchi app on a device that's mounted on VR goggle then it will work.
Litchi uses device sensors to track head movements and passes on to RC using the USB port.

A device that mounted on VR goggles?

not really sure i understand..

A device that mounted on VR goggles?

not really sure i understand..

It means buy a cheap version goggle for say $30 and use it with your mobile device. Install Litchi on it and connect to USB of RC.

It means buy a cheap version goggle for say $30 and use it with your mobile device. Install Litchi on it and connect to USB of RC.

the thing is that i dont really care for goggles that make me not aware of my surroundings, thats why i thought about the Cinemizers

but what about Glyph? do they have a better techincal advatage? (even if they are fully closed)

what about Glyph? do they have a better techincal advatage? (even if they are fully closed)
They are not fully enclosed. They are more like a pair of glasses -- where you can see over the top and below bottom of them. It's helpful when you need to look down at your mobile device to do something in DJI GO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl