Huge Drone/UFO

Reaction score
So, this light has been appearing on a nightly basis for about a month now. It starts off in about the same position in the sky every night, and appears with the fall of the sun. After dark, it remains stationary in the sky for usually anywhere from 2-5 hrs, and looks like a close satellite. After that, things get a little weird.

It gradually makes its way North across the sky, at a speed you wouldn't notice unless focusing on it for a few seconds, but once you do, it becomes quite clear that this thing is clearly in motion.

I live in a very rural area, the largest community within 50 sq. miles is definitely more of a town than a city, and the closest major city is Tulsa, Oklahoma. Commercial jets are no strange sight, and we even have the National Guard fly within a mile of my land, sometimes at what has to be barely legal heights,(and a time or two, forcing me to land my bird, or at least get it out of the immediate area as much as I can) moving between air bases.

I have family in Tulsa, and I've seen the same thing there. They said one time the bright white light dimmed out, leaving red and green strobes. The craft then took motion from a spot they'd seen it parked for 3 nights, and it flew away at an alarming rate, and disappeared from view. To the best they could figure, it's these drones that the police force uses to light up city blocks like it's noontime? But there's not the need, nor the resources for that where I live.

I managed to capture some video, and it looks like there's red and green strobes on this craft as well. From what I can tell, they seem to go in a perimeter of the craft. I'm not saying it's an alien space ship, I'd say it's a drone before anything. However, the pattern and fashion the lights strobe does seem irregular to what you'd typically see, do they not?

Enlighten me, guys. I have no idea what it is.

Attachments

• 1487306247488.jpg
    1487306247488.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 686
I don't see anything.

So, I am relatively new and can't figure out how to get the video on here, but here's some zoomed in pics of the light and the strobe colors. The original picture is a tiny white dot. In reality, it appeared probably 50% larger that avg stars, if that puts anything to scale.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using PhantomPilots mobile app

Attachments

• 1487306966382.png
    1487306966382.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,457
  • 1487306972211.png
    1487306972211.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 664
  • 1487306976740.png
    1487306976740.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,660
Not sure how to post video myself. But that looks pretty interesting.

I'm very interested here as I'm a huge UFO buff. Your pictures are indeed interesting. I'd love to see a clear and stable video of the craft. Because it appears at an expected time and place gives you the opportunity to film it in high quality. I'll be watching this thread.

Reactions: SoaringSteve420
My guess is that it is an aerostat! Tethered or semi-stationary blimp that is equipped with cameras, etc. for long duration surveillance. DOD and industry both doing research on them.

Don't any of you guys ever read the news? It's not a UFO and there's no need to call anyone:

Green Comet 45P: Photos and video | EarthSky.org

"Finally, there’s a green comet soaring past Earth, and on February 11, it’ll be closest to us— although still over 7 million miles away. But don’t strain your eyes. A telescope or binoculars are essential to glimpse this comet, called 45P, as EarthSky explains.

Space.com suggests looking west in the evening, after the sun goes down, if you want to try to see it."

On the other hand, it could be the new...never mind. I'm not supposed to mention it. Carry on.

Don't any of you guys ever read the news? It's not a UFO and there's no need to call anyone:

Green Comet 45P: Photos and video | EarthSky.org

"Finally, there’s a green comet soaring past Earth, and on February 11, it’ll be closest to us— although still over 7 million miles away. But don’t strain your eyes. A telescope or binoculars are essential to glimpse this comet, called 45P, as EarthSky explains.

Space.com suggests looking west in the evening, after the sun goes down, if you want to try to see it."

On the other hand, it could be the new...never mind. I'm not supposed to mention it. Carry on.
Seen it here in chicago, remember that the curvature of the atmosphere magnifies the objects in the sky ( stars, comets, satelites, moon, sun, etc.) so you'll notice those bodies/objects appear bigger close to the horizon, that's why this particular "light" seems really big, I'm taking my telescope today and hope to capture some pics for you guys, Jupiter usually looks almost this big on the night sky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Incredible video. Very intriguing... have you ever seen it fly off in any direction? Is it fast? What about trying to call your local radio tower and see if they confirm the craft?
It works its way from being Southwest infront of my land and works its way across the horizon to the north, then either decendes or goes way back West and out of sight over the horizon. It is capable of fast speed, I've seen it move at what looks to be similar speeds to commercial jets, though it will also remain stationary for the first 2 or three hours each night.

Seen it here in chicago, remember that the curvature of the atmosphere magnifies the objects in the sky ( stars, comets, satelites, moon, sun, etc.) so you'll notice those bodies/objects appear bigger close to the horizon, that's why this particular "light" seems really big, I'm taking my telescope today and hope to capture some pics for you guys, Jupiter usually looks almost this big on the night sky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app
This "light" was nowhere near the horizon. it was up over my head. That being said, it does eventually disappear over the horizon, but I've seen this thing nwhere near it and I know I saw strobes all over this thing, doesn't quite sound like a comet, etc. to me, at least. But, you may be right! Only real way to know is to chase this sum buck down and find out lol

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj