Your FAA N registration

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
I plan on getting some of those aluminum or brass pet tags engraved with N # and serial number when it is time for my copters to be registerd. I will rivet it or use epoxy to attach it.

Luis, #22 on the FAA 333 exemption letters says this.

"22. All aircraft operated in accordance with this exemption must be identified by serial

number, registered in accordance with 14 CFR part 47, and have identification

(N−Number) markings in accordance with 14 CFR part 45, Subpart C. Markings must

be as large as practicable."

It doesn't say how it is to be marked.
Correct. It is left up to the operator to place the N number, as large as "practical"
In the case of the Phantoms, that is pretty small. I don't think the FAA expects huge N numbers on tiny quads.

If any of you have tried to register your UA through your LLC, I would be very appreciative for an example of the LLC letter you sent in. I'm having trouble deciphering their requirements. I have my exemption, but still need my N number...

If any of you have tried to register your UA through your LLC, I would be very appreciative for an example of the LLC letter you sent in. I'm having trouble deciphering their requirements. I have my exemption, but still need my N number...

I don't have that exactly but use this link to explore the site and you may find it....
This is one letter of grant. You should be able to find something matching your needs.
Go to the main site and search for an LLC that has been granted.

http://www.faa.gov/uas/legislative_...ations/media/Robert-Thomas-Kerrigan-13323.pdf

Yep, I have all of that. Exemption in hand, but getting the registration through my LLC is proving to be the confusing part. But thanks anyway.

Buzz

I registered, took me a few days. I had to get a form notarized and had to send in form 8050-1, Affidavit of ownership - Form 8050-88, Statement in Support, along with my Article of Organization and my receipt from where I purchased my Phantom 3 Professional. All this because I am registering my drone in the name of an LLC. I spent over 30 minutes on hold with the FAA, but the individual that assisted me was very patient and helped me out tremendously!

Trying to do things the "RIGHT" way is exhausting sometimes! Still waiting on my 333 Exemption, which I might find out this summer due to all the backlog. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I also joined the AMA back in November.

In the meantime, I now have my pink copy of my form 8050-1 that will prove that I have registered my aircraft.

I registered, took me a few days. I had to get a form notarized and had to send in form 8050-1, Affidavit of ownership - Form 8050-88, Statement in Support, along with my Article of Organization and my receipt from where I purchased my Phantom 3 Professional. All this because I am registering my drone in the name of an LLC. I spent over 30 minutes on hold with the FAA, but the individual that assisted me was very patient and helped me out tremendously!

Trying to do things the "RIGHT" way is exhausting sometimes! Still waiting on my 333 Exemption, which I might find out this summer due to all the backlog. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I also joined the AMA back in November.

In the meantime, I now have my pink copy of my form 8050-1 that will prove that I have registered my aircraft.
I visited your website. On your aerial imaging page you have a video with this caption.................

" A simple video I did for a client. The possibilities are endless of what can be done for you at your request."

If you took any form of payment for that job, I would pull that video off the site. Since it looks like you don't have your 333 exemption yet, you could get it hot water from the FAA over it. Just a suggestion.

All this because I am registering my drone in the name of an LLC. I spent over 30 minutes on hold with the FAA, but the individual that assisted me was very patient and helped me out tremendously!
That's the easy part. Getting your pilot's license is going to take much more time (unless you already have it).

I visited your website. On your aerial imaging page you have a video with this caption.................

" A simple video I did for a client. The possibilities are endless of what can be done for you at your request."

If you took any form of payment for that job, I would pull that video off the site. Since it looks like you don't have your 333 exemption yet, you could get it hot water from the FAA over it. Just a suggestion.
No money changed hands! Thank you for your concern! Truly!

Pilot's License? I don't understand! I don't need a pilot's license to fly my drone, and the 333 exemption is just so I can make money using the drone.

Pilot's License? I don't understand! I don't need a pilot's license to fly my drone, and the 333 exemption is just so I can make money using the drone.
You will need a minimum of a sport/recreational pilot license in order to use your approved 333 exemption. The FAA will add that as a requirement in the approved exemption. You'll also need to follow a slew of other fun rules -- like to always have a spotter watching you fly.

I'm not sure where you are getting this information, but I have spoken to the FAA, and none of what you are saying is true!
Hmm. Well, wait and see I guess ;)

Hmm. Well, wait and see I guess ;)
I did find this on the FAA site... but I am sure it is not intended for sUA flights. If this is the case, then why have there been so many 333 exemptions filed. They can't expect all of us to go to flight school, that would be absolutely ridiculous! The individual from the FAA assured me that what I had turned in would be all that is necessary for me to fly and make money.

What are the main requirements needed for me to operate an unmanned aircraft or drone for my business?

A. You will need:
  1. a Section 333 grant of exemption,
  2. a Certificate of Waiver or Authorization (COA),
  3. an aircraft registered with the FAA, and
  4. a pilot with an FAA airman certificate
Do I need a pilot's license to petition for exemption under Section 333?

A. By law, the FAA cannot authorize an aircraft operation in the National Airspace without a certificated pilot in command of the aircraft (Title 49 of United States Code § 44711). Exemptions granted in accordance with Section 333 carry the following requirement regarding the pilot in command (PIC) of the aircraft:

Under this grant of exemption, a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate. The PIC must also hold a current FAA airman medical certificate or a valid U.S. driver's license issued by a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, a territory, a possession, or the Federal government. The PIC must also meet the flight review requirements specified in 14 CFR § 61.56 in an aircraft in which the PIC is rated on his or her pilot certificate.

You will need a minimum of a sport/recreational pilot license in order to use your approved 333 exemption. The FAA will add that as a requirement in the approved exemption. You'll also need to follow a slew of other fun rules -- like to always have a spotter watching you fly.
Do you have your pilot's license?

Also, I really like your stickers, great job offering them to folks to aply to their aircraft.

If this is the case, then why have there been so many 333 exemptions filed. They can't expect all of us to go to flight school
There are lots of people like you -- those who don't know it's going to be required and/or are in denial.

No. You only need it to use your 333 exemption.

Do you have your pilot's license?
No. I do have a 333 exemption though. I applied for it before everyone knew a pilot's license was going to be required.

Nowhere yet. The NPRM has not been finalized.

Reactions: schroeder1959
I'm not sure where you are getting this information, but I have spoken to the FAA, and none of what you are saying is true! Do you think for a second that I would have gone to all this trouble if I actually needed to get a pilot's license to fly and operate my drone? I think you have been misinformed by someone playing a bad joke!
Just look at the 333 FAQ: Section 333 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You'll find this:
A. By law, the FAA cannot authorize an aircraft operation in the National Airspace without a certificated pilot in command of the aircraft (Title 49 of United States Code § 44711). Exemptions granted in accordance with Section 333 carry the following requirement regarding the pilot in command (PIC) of the aircraft:

Under this grant of exemption, a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate. The PIC must also hold a current FAA airman medical certificate or a valid U.S. driver's license issued by a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, a territory, a possession, or the Federal government. The PIC must also meet the flight review requirements specified in 14 CFR § 61.56 in an aircraft in which the PIC is rated on his or her pilot certificate.

Or check any of the already granted 333 exemptions.
It's completely ridiculous but they all have that condition on them.

For those of us that are licensed pilots, it's still a hassle.
In addition to the certification, you have to have a current medical. You can't just be a certificated FAA pilot.
It's all way past ludicrous.

Reactions: schroeder1959

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3