Yesterday I joined the Kamikazee Club

Reaction score
Started out with a bad feeling - windy (maybe too windy) ,misty but I wanted to get some footage of a local rodeo in our town. I put the bird up and when leaving my yard I have to climb over a row of 80 foot white pines. As I ascended I began to plow forward not looking at my screen and I saw the bird clip the top of one of the pines just enough to tip it over. It went into a weed wacking death roll and half way down off went the gimbal assembly plummeting down to earth. After the slowest 10 seconds of my life the bird sat in the ditch partially submerged in mud.
.....to be continued...

Started out with a bad feeling - windy (maybe too windy) ,misty but I wanted to get some footage of a local rodeo in our town. I put the bird up and when leaving my yard I have to climb over a row of 80 foot white pines. As I ascended I began to plow forward not looking at my screen and I saw the bird clip the top of one of the pines just enough to tip it over. It went into a weed wacking death roll and half way down off went the gimbal assembly plummeting down to earth. After the slowest 10 seconds of my life the bird sat in the ditch partially submerged in mud.
.....to be continued...
Oh man sposed to film the rodeo not be in it,,,felt your pain as I read that,,hope not to much damage,,good luck ,be waiting for part 2.....I want to give you a like for that but no one likes a crash..
Ok me like but not for crashing for the read

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
.....to be continued...
Well the Dr has operated - the camera / gimbal assembly was replaced as a unit. Just waiting for it to arrive home. The rest of the bird checked out. So $620(shipping and labor included) later lesson learned- "when it doesn't feel right don't do it"
Happy Flying

You're only in the kamikaze club if you're trying to sink capital ships on purpose lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart