Well I just joined the "Stress Crack" club :(

Reaction score
I noticed a couple stress cracks around the vents under 3 arms. Most of the cracks are really small, but 1 sticks out more.
7d5d0555ef06f2e9d30c7b22efc78f18.jpg
c0672a6a0a1873869995e0496a951966.jpg

Pretty upsetting as I only have 10 hours flight time. I've always flown carefully with no sudden stops or starts. I've always handled like a baby. Is this kind of like playing the lottery? Some units are just prone to cracks?

Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks

DJI are good at banging us with restrictions but fail to get the mouldings right and fail to spot defects at the quality control stage so take it back and get a refund as it's a defective item. If it's cracked now what will happen out of warrant when the battery drops out?
U paid premium price now demand a premium product and send the flipping thing back m8.

When I send back. What am I looking at? 2-3 week turnaround
Most guys here recommended not to send it to DJI. You are looking at a turnaround of at least a month and the results will be that they didn't repair the cracks or send you a refurbished.

Reactions: KingDad1985
Most guys here recommended not to send it to DJI. You are looking at a turnaround of at least a month and the results will be that they didn't repair the cracks or send you a refurbished.
Yeah I don't like the sound of that. Haha.

You can repair yourself and it's easy... There are guides in this forum in how to do it.
I've watched and read all about it. Looks fairly simple. I used to build and repair electric RC trucks/buggies. That's actually a really good idea

Reactions: macoman
But I think the best thing for me to do is to send it in. It's less than a month old, I could ask for a brand new unit, also I only live an hour and half from the Carson, California facility it will be going too. Turn around will probably be pretty quick.

Reactions: sparky1111
But I think the best thing for me to do is to send it in. It's less than a month old, I could ask for a brand new unit, also I only live an hour and half from the Carson, California facility it will be going too. Turn around will probably be pretty quick.

If you live close to the facility that makes thing go quickly as you can even go and pick up the unit when repairs are done.

Reactions: KingDad1985
If you live close to the facility that makes thing go quickly as you can even go and pick up the unit when repairs are done.
I'm not sure if they will allow me to pick up the unit after it's repaired or exchanged. But from personal experience they always overnight it.

I am coming to the conclusion since I have never had a hard landing or crash on this P4 pro that the chassis is to heavy for the landing gear. I also puchased a gimbal guard hopping to keep the land gear more fixed.

I agree with jeffames226. I have stress cracks but it's usually under the motor mounts where most people get them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl