Yaw Mod

Looks good. Switch should be here Wednesday. Love Amazon Prime.

Thanks. I don't see any problem by doing it and you can always switch back to normal. I'm going to do mine.

Happyflyer said:
Looks good. Switch should be here Wednesday. Love Amazon Prime.

So do I! I love the 'free' two day delivery and for less than four bucks, you have one day delivery. Plus, returns are hassle free.

Ad is over, you will be returned to your program.

Did mine yesterday. re calibrated sticks, all works well except when i switch it on. it slowly yaws to the left with no stick input. i can also see it in rc assistant when i switch from off to on. the indicator will move off of center. I checked all the tolerances of the resistors to make sure they were the same. not sure how to fix. i will dig into it a little deeper.

Sorry - just read this thread.

Is it just me or does anybody else find this mod totally pointless?

Yes, you could do the mod or..... you can just put in stick time and learn to fly properly! :roll:

I give you 'modders' much love and respect! I don't have the guts to open the case do do the GPS fix! And i'm really good at messing about fixing stuff. Getting inside that case gives me the willies!

The Editor said:
Sorry - just read this thread.

Is it just me or does anybody else find this mod totally pointless?

Yes, you could do the mod or..... you can just put in stick time and learn to fly properly! :roll:
Aw, what would be the fun in that? Then we would not have all this fun taking our "stuff" apart and seeing if it works. Tinkers must tinker or their minds get full of cob webs and they get old. ;)
Yes, we all should learn to fly better.

We should, but if you want very slow long cinematic yaw, it is almost impossible to keep it steady and it can ruin a good shot.

99% of the mods and things that have been done are one of the main reasons this forum is here. If a lot of us did not know the full capability of these "drones" lol. A lot of you would be looking at it, sitting on a shelf, because it's broke and you don't know how to fix it!

Well being we basically all mod's I think all our names should be in red ! JMHO ;) :lol:

Just saying that there is a wealth of info here that has helped alot of people, including myself

I like doing the mods because it is something to do! I am still pretty new at this and do not have as much flight time as most of you.
Soooo, I went to the local electronics store and bought the switch and resistors. The install went well. I re-calibrated the controller and off we go! It works well. I notice that it turns clockwise more rapidly than counter-clockwise. I measured resistance and both resistors are equal. The difference in turn is not very noticeable and it hovers straight.

I decided to not do the gimbal panning mod....I'll just turn down my sensitivity in the software.

Now I have the futuristic-looking FPV antennas, the 6db controller antenna, a mini-DVR. This thing is getting heavy!

I got to stop doing mods for a while and fly more. PLEASE don't post any more cool mods! ;)

terrylowe said:
I decided to not do the gimbal panning mod....I'll just turn down my sensitivity in the software.

Now I have the futuristic-looking FPV antennas, the 6db controller antenna, a mini-DVR. This thing is getting heavy!

I got to stop doing mods for a while and fly more. PLEASE don't post any more cool mods! ;)
That is what I did with mine and it works just fine.

dirkclod said:
:lol: Get a strap to hold it up ! Is it not enough difference in the mod to do it IYO ?

I am thinking one of those strap-on flag holders. :p

The difference in turn that I was talking about is the clockwise and counter-clockwise yaw with the switch enabled. There is a DEFINITE difference in yaw speed when the switch is on and when it is off. I think this mod is good if you want smoother panning for videography.

I was out getting some storm damage footage today when I decided to do a quick yaw test.
This video shows the non-modded yaw and the modded yaw. There is a big difference between the two.

There is also a difference in the speed in the modded left yaw and right yaw. Not sure why this is. My resistors matched when I tested them. It won't be a problem for video work, but was curious as to why this happens.

http://photos.terrylowe.com/Quad-Videos/n-dWc6M/i-q2PhDGb

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl