Yaw issues

Reaction score
I seem to have problem with the yaw, have also tried it on Tripod mode but wont keep position
when using right rudder it descends and when using the left it climbs Any ideas how to resolve this?

I seem to have problem with the yaw, have also tried it on Tripod mode but wont keep position
when using right rudder it descends and when using the left it climbs Any ideas how to resolve this?

Change to mode 2.
6cf9fd3a6dc7fc8e9355092374d10815.jpg

Since there is obviously a problem with the joystick assignments, resetting them (as in the suggestion to mode 2) to a known configuration would eliminate any software/firmware setting issues. The OP might want to do an RC cal after resetting too since he mentioned not holding position. Just to make sure that zero really is zero on the sticks.

Reactions: Traveler
Since there is obviously a problem with the joystick assignments, resetting them (as in the suggestion to mode 2) to a known configuration would eliminate any software/firmware setting issues. The OP might want to do an RC cal after resetting too since he mentioned not holding position. Just to make sure that zero really is zero on the sticks.
I took it as right and left rudder, didn't get to the assumption that he may be in mode three or even concerned with the right stick. In fact mode or stick assignment isn't mentioned.

I took it as right and left rudder, didn't get to the assumption that he may be in mode three or even concerned with the right stick. In fact mode or stick assignment isn't mentioned.

Because it was doing the opposite of what the OP was expecting the stick to do, it left me with an opinion that the mode had been changed.

If that doesn't address the OP's problem then I would also recommend Richard's advice on calibration, but it's always good to check that the setting are as they should be first.

Thanks guys. Its already om mode 2. The AC is not moving position but climbing as it yaws left and descends as I yaw right. It still primarily yaws but changes altitude at the same time. The throttle is not being bumped at the same time either. I will check stick function assignment but it comes across as a sensor or motor or VPS not doing what is expected of it. I have done an IMU calibration and it seems better but only tried once so will have to try again over other surfaces as well. Thanks again

Thanks guys. Its already om mode 2. The AC is not moving position but climbing as it yaws left and descends as I yaw right. It still primarily yaws but changes altitude at the same time. The throttle is not being bumped at the same time either. I will check stick function assignment but it comes across as a sensor or motor or VPS not doing what is expected of it. I have done an IMU calibration and it seems better but only tried once so will have to try again over other surfaces as well. Thanks again

So then, the other advice from a member above is to try a remote controller calibration (RCC). We have also had a few members, in clouding yours truly, need to calibrate vision sensors too. Although that was done because the app said it was needed. You already did the IMU, so I would try the sticks with the RCC.

CHEERS.

Thank you for confirming I'm not nuts and that my English comprehension hasn't failed me.

So then, the other advice from a member above is to try a remote controller calibration (RCC). We have also had a few members, in clouding yours truly, need to calibrate vision sensors too. Although that was done because the app said it was needed. You already did the IMU, so I would try the sticks with the RCC.

CHEERS.
There is something else going on here, if the throttle value at the centre detent wasn't zero the AC would be climbing or descending whether a rudder input was commanded or not. Stick calibration won't hurt anything however it probably will be if no use to correcting the problem.

There is something else going on here, if the throttle value at the centre detent wasn't zero the AC would be climbing or descending whether a rudder input was commanded or not. Stick calibration won't hurt anything however it probably will be if no use to correcting the problem.

Any other ideas? After a IMU cal, a mode check, and presumably a non correcting stick cal, what else is there. I know my self and some others have had app directed instruction to calibrate the vision sensors, but the op didn't indicate receiving any like message.

What are your thoughts?

Play back the flight and include viewing the stick. See if it's registering throttle stick input along with the yaw even though you aren't applying throttle.
It's as if the stick gimbal is off center, if that's even possible.
If this is new or still under warranty, may need to send it in.
Any chance you can try another RC?

Shot in the dark, perhaps changing stick mode and changing back to 2? Reset all RC settings (gain, exp, etc)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan