Yaw control with Vision App (Phantom 2 Vision)

Reaction score
The app manual specifies that the app can control tilt of the camera and yaw of the quadcopter.

I am able to obtain tilt control just fine, but the yaw/rotate control does not seem to work.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Have you switched into the accellerometer mode in the app (tap the little button above the manual tilt control with the gyro/saturn-looking icon).
I believe if you have that on, then you'll have full control just by tilting your phone.

ProfessorStein said:
Have you switched into the accellerometer mode in the app (tap the little button above the manual tilt control with the gyro/saturn-looking icon).
I believe if you have that on, then you'll have full control just by tilting your phone.

Thanks for the reply ProfessorStein. Yes, I had that turned on. The tilt works fine, the yaw does not work.

I'll have to check tonight. It's been a while since I've used the accellerometer mode, myself.
Is it not easier to just yaw with the stick, anyway?

It does work. Be sure to check the manual and carefully note which way you tilt the phone for each function. The other thing I would mention is there is a large dead zone. If you tip it slightly you get nothing, just keep slowly tilting and suddenly it will start yawing. I wish it would yaw a little slower and had less of a dead band.
I have a video that shows my testing. All the yawing in the video is by tilting the phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqRMzam ... ObwC0HUbmg

One caution. It is easy to use in a hover. It takes practice if leave on the phone tilt control on while moving the Phantom in the other axis as inadvertent movement of the controller with phone result in unexpected movement - and crashes.

I have the same problem. When I turn on accelerometer mode, tilting the phone pitches the camera, but rotating the phone has no effect on the yaw of the P2V. I can flip the phone completely with no effect on the yaw. It is not a large dead zone issue. I also tried turning the phone in a complete circle to no effect. I tried it in normal mode, attitude mode, home control, and course control mode also to no effect.

My controller is in NAZA mode. Is that the problem?

Has anyone tried it recently, and does anyone have any advice for me?

I have the same problem. When I turn on accelerometer mode, tilting the phone pitches the camera, but rotating the phone has no effect on the yaw of the P2V. I can flip the phone completely with no effect on the yaw. It is not a large dead zone issue. I also tried turning the phone in a complete circle to no effect. I tried it in normal mode, attitude mode, home control, and course control mode also to no effect.

My controller is in NAZA mode. Is that the problem?

Has anyone tried it recently, and does anyone have any advice for me?
Hi Anguish,

I know you have already looked at the manual but I'll post the link for ya just in case;)
http://download.dji-innovations.com...n/en/Phantom_2_Vision_User_Manual_v1.8_en.pdf

Page 43.

I've not tried this myself but someone else might know if it's a common problem. Looking at the date of the 1st post it was quite a while that this was bought up sooooo it might be intresting to see if other people are still having the same problem;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan