Wrong settings?

Reaction score
Greetings

I bought the phantom 2 vision plus 2 weeks ago. A few days ago, I updated the firmware. Yesterday I lost controller signal at about 450 ft altitude
and about 100 ft away. It seems that the Phantom flew higher before I upgraded
the firmware. Is this possible?

I'm using the booster ap too. Is there something wrong in the setting? I've
set the height restrictions on the back of the phantom remote as well as
thru the software.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Not many will know to tell you this but, it's a fact. The vPlus basically has a upgrade sequence to it. Each day you go out and fly your distance will increase for you. When I opened the box of my most recent vPlus, I told my wife to come out and watch that signal loss will take place at a list I gave her. And right at the exact amount I had on the list it happen right on the number.

It's kind of like a safety feature. This will actually help the guy keep from the quad getting away from him right off the get-go.

By the time I reached my 10th or 12th flight I was at 2900ft.

Oh wow! I would have never guessed that. I guess I have to keep flying it into the limit then :) Thank you for the information.

flyNfrank said:
Not many will know to tell you this but, it's a fact. The vPlus basically has a upgrade sequence to it. Each day you go out and fly your distance will increase for you. When I opened the box of my most recent vPlus, I told my wife to come out and watch that signal loss will take place at a list I gave her. And right at the exact amount I had on the list it happen right on the number.

It's kind of like a safety feature. This will actually help the guy keep from the quad getting away from him right off the get-go.

By the time I reached my 10th or 12th flight I was at 2900ft.

Hmmmm that's interesting

"It's a fact"? :lol:

LOL

1) Booster "APP" does not help controller range.
2) 450' almost straight up puts the Phantom antenna itself in close to its least efficient position off the end of the antenna.

Losing connectivity at 450' up is normal.

As Frank said keep flying and I might add reading.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl