Wrong heading on display

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have been using the little radar now that I am flying far at times. I have been noticing that the position of the aircraft and the nose position are way off. Today for example I had my P2V pointing away from me and right in front of me and was showing on the radar to my right with the nose pointing to the right????? Now if I logo at the Attitude indicator (lower right corner) shows the right heading, so the compass is not the problem here. Maybe my phone?

I plugged it to my PC and both compass and IMU's are showing normal readings. Any suggestions?

amrflyingdude said:
Hello everyone!

I have been using the little radar now that I am flying far at times. I have been noticing that the position of the aircraft and the nose position are way off. Today for example I had my P2V pointing away from me and right in front of me and was showing on the radar to my right with the nose pointing to the right????? Now if I logo at the Attitude indicator (lower right corner) shows the right heading, so the compass is not the problem here. Maybe my phone?

I plugged it to my PC and both compass and IMU's are showing normal readings. Any suggestions?

Could be your phone. What model phone are you using? Try a compass application and see if it is accurate and responding correctly. I use a Galaxy Note 3 and the phone compass constantly needs to be re-calibrated (annoying).

themosttoys said:
amrflyingdude said:
Hello everyone!

Could be your phone. What model phone are you using? Try a compass application and see if it is accurate and responding correctly. I use a Galaxy Note 3 and the phone compass constantly needs to be re-calibrated (annoying).

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4.

I also suspect is the phone, I mean sometimes is accurate but some others is way off!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl