WOW DJI have done something right and pulled 3.10

Reaction score
Be careful if you're thinking of installing the v3.10 firmware update....

Many people are reporting this on various forums - before the update I had never seen this ever.

Immediately after the update I got this - IMU initialization failure, may be caused by crash. Please contact dealer or DJI for repair.

I don't exactly know what I did but it suddenly stopped giving the error after leaving it a while (it may have been my umpteen calibrations or just time for it to think about what it had done to me - I don't know)

So today I took it out for a flight and all was absolutely fine it behaved perfectly.... but then I brought it into land and powered down and then I thought I'd power it back up just to see if all was well.... but I got the dreaded red, green, yellow flashing which indicates Error 25 the IMU initialization failure.

I thought that was the end of that but I waited just a few minutes and powered it on again and it was fine!!!

So I've tried the flight, land, power down and power on a few times now and each time I power down and try to power up straight away I get the error flashes ... but if I wait a few minutes it powers up fine?

Something definitely isn't right but when it's happy and does initialise and power up it flies absolutely fine?

Thoughts?

Re: IMU initialization failure after update

I am still having the same issue. I tried multiple imu calibrations and re flashed firmware but still no luck. Very frustrating !!

Tried binding still no luck. When I do a basic IMU calibration status reads calibrating and does its business.When I do an advanced calibration, status remains at ready and nothing seems to be happening except the steady red green yellow flashing.

I had this IMU initialization failure issue as soon as I did the update - I never had it before - never saw it.

My Phantom is only 6 months old and has never had a hard landing and I'm just amazed that more users aren't experiencing this problem.

The situation for me is that as soon as I power up for the first time (in a day) all is well but if I bring the bird down and power down (press battery) then if I try to power up straight away (say, with a new fully charged battery) I get the Red, Green, Yellow error - but if I wait about 10 minutes or so (leaving it powered off untouched) then suddenly it will fire up again.....

For my money DJI have definitely been messing...... but why is this not happening to more people??

I have same problem after upgrade. Leave the P2 in the garden for half an hour and it starts up fine. Turn it off and on again and it fails with Error 25.

Found on DJI Forum
Main Controller firmware 3.10 has a huge "bug", do not upgrade your ph2. You will get an IMU initialization error (error 25). There is a temperature issue that prevent the initialization process to be completed. If you do a cold star, ph2 will set up correctly. If you turn it off and try again inmediately, the problem will be there, the leds will be: green-red-yellow and of course, motors will not start. A new firmware is need it from DJI

Rang supplier today, not heard of the problem but will talk to China.

Is this a problem for all upgraders or just a fraction?

I have read that DJI are aware of an IMU bug in the new firmware which is either causing a total dead Phantom because of the IMU error 25 - or on start up after a complete power down you get the Red, Green, Yellow - but from the attention this and similar posts are getting this is obviously not happening for everyone.

Hopefully there will be enough of us who have the problem for DJI to do something about it.

At the moment I'm one of the 'lucky" ones whose Phantom will restart but only after a 10-15 minute power down - others aren't so fortunate!

Doesn't seem to be problem for everyone, but seems there are a lot who are now grounded. Not much information from DJI - sorry no information from DJI.
If I've not upgraded yet, I certainly would hold off until more information on the problem is known.

Not had the problem on my P2V, done a couple of flights since the updat

crash1sttime said:
Not had the problem on my P2V, done a couple of flights since the updat
Have you tried to fly then land then power down (battery off) and try to start up straight away again?

I can fly on one battery and then if I land and change battery I have to wait 10-20 minutes until the initialization error goes away and lets me start up the Phantom?
Try and see if it does this for you?

Re: WARNING - IMU initialization failure after 3.10 update

This makes me anxious. I just bought one today - will be here tomorrow.

Will I automatically get the updated firmware when I plug in the first time?

Can I avoid the update?

I just ran into the same thing as Codacious.

I was just looking into the calibration on the Assistant Software since I haven't run my Phantom for a while. It said there was updates, but the download failed every time. I don't know if this is DJI's way of making it so no more people update or just a coincidence. If they did it though, you would think that they would just completely pull the update. Who knows though. They really do seem to be having trouble with the update process.

I've had no issues, thought i'd wait a week or longer before I update to avoid any bugs, but just did it this weekend. And the camera update as well. Again, happy to report no issues...

I tried updating to 3.10 today after my iOS app auto updated a few days ago and I lost my tilt function.

A member on the FB group told me that he's also heard people having the same issue as me in that when the iOS app updates and the Assistant needs updating that people have lost the tilt function usability on the app. After trying to update using a MAC and a PC I keep getting an error and it simply refuses to update to 3.10. So in the mean time I've lost tilt until I can get it to update.

hi guys just an update on my IMU issue.If anyone is having problems still I found away around it. No matter what I did I couldnt get rid of the error 25.I saw somewhere on a post about wiping my computer clean of all software assistant 3.8 files including drivers etc. I then went to DJI website downloads and installed the last version of the software assistant 3,6 which contains the previous firmware for the m/c 3.8 and the driver files and r/c assistant etc. I then backgraded the phantom to the previous firmware. After power cycling my Phantom is back up and running the 3.8 firmware with not a hint of any IMU problem or any other issues. Hope this helps some of you with this particular issue. In future I think I will take some more experience posters advice and wait and see how the new upgrades affect the Phantoms!!

I MAY HAVE A SOLUTION

On the DJI Download page is shows :

Assistant 3.08 = MC Firmware 3.10
Assistant 3.06 = MC Firmware 3.08

Now, I think previously it automatically upgraded to F/W 3.10 for both.

I removed Assistant 3.08 and installed 3.06. Then I "Upgraded" the F/W from 3.10 to 3.08 and it now works fine. Haven't flight tested, but the IMU Error has gone and the lights are flashing normally.........

Flight test next....

I was trying to update battery firmware on my P2V+ (they've pulled the battery updates) and I can confirm the Assistant is reporting I'm on 3.8 main firmware and no updates.

So I'm guessing they've removed the 3.10 update.

flyingtigers said:
Then I "Upgraded" the F/W from 3.10 to 3.08 and it now works fine.

yay if you plug the phantom into the 3.8 asst it now offers a downgrade to 3.08

get it while you can

:D :D :D :D

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 534

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members