Woke up inside a TFR/ NOTAM zone.

Reaction score
Hey all! Just sharing my experience and maybe even providing insite for those of you who have not encountered this yet.

I always utilize the "UAV Forcast" application on my iPhone before I fly. So anyway, today I woke up and checked it for weather etc and noted that there was an advisory that a TFR was nearby. I then clicked on the map and discovered that coming from a nearby airport there was a massive blue circle around the usual pink, but then there was an even larger purple circle around everything that encompassed my house.

So I got to thinking, is the blue the TFR as noted on the map key or is the purple also a no go? Well, I went out back and fired up the P4 to see if I would get any warnings.

Surprisingly I didn't and I was able to take off. I stayed low, maybe 20 ft or so in my backyard. But the point is, it appears as though the large purple zones are still flyable. The blue zone started up the street from me and I suspect that had I flown into it, auto land would have kicked in.

Just a heads up for the UAV Forcast app all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen